Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #1351
ukshaun
Hercules

While i do not have this on order, i do have two 1/3 pieces from PCS on pre order (SF Chun-Li and MK Mileena)
I really really hope PCS gets these two spot on, otherwise it will put me off PCS for life.

On the subject of PCS - Reptile, i read this honest opinion via Facebook

Pros.
Reptile head is amazing.
Skull head is nicer than Scorpions.
Base light-up is nice.
Paint is fine.
The body is painted under the fabric.

Cons.
Fabric sucks very much. Exactly like the first 2
It’s about 1/2 the weight of the first two ninjas.
(Base is the same weight as the other two)
The body is noticeably lighter by a lot.
The seams on the wrists are horrible.
It is definitely undoubtably shorter than the other two.

The fabric (sucks) got me worried. I hope PCS supplied the material required for Chun-Li 1/3 to the factories.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #1352
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
While i do not have this on order, i do have two 1/3 pieces from PCS on pre order (SF Chun-Li and MK Mileena)
I really really hope PCS gets these two spot on, otherwise it will put me of PCS for life.

On the subject of PCS - Reptile, i read this honest opinion via Facebook

Pros.
Reptile head is amazing.
Skull head is nicer than Scorpions.
Base light-up is nice.
Paint is fine.
The body is painted under the fabric.

Cons.
Fabric sucks very much. Exactly like the first 2
It’s about 1/2 the weight of the first two ninjas.
(Base is the same weight as the other two)
The body is noticeably lighter by a lot.
The seams on the wrists are horrible.
It is definitely undoubtably shorter than the other two.

The fabric (sucks) got me worried. I hope PCS supplied the material required for Chun-Li 1/3 to factories.
Well this person on Facebook is a person on here who talked of nothing but how bad the Fabric was, how terrible PCS are.....but he still purchased Reptile......soooooo

I expected the same response from him regarding Reptile and i'm sure he will do his own custom clothing for Reptile anyway.

Regarding the seams on the hands, i have no idea why PCS cut them like they did, there are so many join points on the arm because of the strapping, i'm hoping the strapping can be pulled down and manipulated to cover the seam because this is not an issue at all on Sub Zeros switch out hand, but yes from initial pictures the seams are not great.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #1353
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Well this person on Facebook is a person on here who talked of nothing but how bad the Fabric was, how terrible PCS are.....but he still purchased Reptile......soooooo

I expected the same response from him regarding Reptile and i'm sure he will do his own custom clothing for Reptile anyway.

Regarding the seams on the hands, i have no idea why PCS cut them like they did, there are so many join points on the arm because of the strapping, i'm hoping the strapping can be pulled down and manipulated to cover the seam, but yes from initial pictures the seams are not great.

The wrist join is dire. There's no denying that. Nice blood splatter though.

I'm one of those PCS customer's who has two pieces on pre order. Both are delayed. I expected this, thus donot complain. For the moment, i cannot comment further, as PCS are under new management, using new, better factories, apparently. For the moment i stay positive. I like to think, when the day arrives i receive my two pieces, they will look great, arrive in good shape, and there will be no need to contact PCS CS
Old 06-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #1354
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
I'm one of those PCS customer's who has two pieces on pre order. Both are delayed. I expected this, thus donot complain. For the moment, i cannot comment further, as PCS are under new management, using new, better factories, apparently. For the moment i stay positive. I like to think, when the day arrives i receive my two pieces, they will look great, arrive in good shape, and there will be no need to contact PCS CS
Understand that's pretty much what all of us think it until it doesn't go that way.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #1355
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Understand that's pretty much what all of us think it until it doesn't go that way.
I get that. Conan turned out well. For the moment, i like to think the future for PCS is bright
Old 06-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #1356
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Product and QC has never been PCS's problem.

It's everything else.

It's still not where it should be and it's coming up to a year ( over a year? ) since Ant and Mark took over and things haven't really changed, product still coming out slow, shipping taking weeks and now the problem of wrong items being shipped.

Also now we have less communication because they aren't on the forums, Jerry can't chime in anymore, they seem to have gone away from Facebook as well at this point leaving it to Dylan ( a mod who does a great job but he's not the man in charge )....

I'm not frustrated because of how i'm getting treated, i've never had 1 problem with PCS but it does frustrate me when i see people waiting months for refunds, no contact from CS, stupid mistakes and most of all no transparency or contact.

When i look at F4F or even Sideshow now, they are constantly in contact, doing live shows everyweek and solving problems before they happen.....it could be PCS, they started well, new unboxing videos, Ant involved with discussions, talking new licenses, Mark handling CS and giving people the option to transfer money from cancelled orders etc, factory videos.....it's gone very quiet again.

Also lets not forget the Ebay debacle.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #1357
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Product and QC has never been PCS's problem.

It's everything else.

It's still not where it should be and it's coming up to a year ( over a year? ) since Ant and Mark took over and things haven't really changed, product still coming out slow, shipping taking weeks and now the problem of wrong items being shipped.

Also now we have less communication because they aren't on the forums, Jerry can't chime in anymore, they seem to have gone away from Facebook as well at this point leaving it to Dylan ( a mod who does a great job but he's not the man in charge )....

I'm not frustrated because of how i'm getting treated, i've never had 1 problem with PCS but it does frustrate me when i see people waiting months for refunds, no contact from CS, stupid mistakes and most of all no transparency or contact.

When i look at F4F or even Sideshow now, they are constantly in contact, doing live shows everyweek and solving problems before they happen.....it could be PCS, they started well, new unboxing videos, Ant involved with discussions, talking new licenses, Mark handling CS and giving people the option to transfer money from cancelled orders etc, factory videos.....it's gone very quiet again.

Also lets not forget the Ebay debacle.

Both Ant and the other guy have other business interests. I get the impression Ant took a step back from the forums because of too much negativity. It takes a while to turn things around, more so in the statue world (i would guess). Assuming PCS have moved to better factories, and product becomes like the prototype(s) the negativity should fade.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #1358
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Both Ant and the other guy have other business interests. I get the impression Ant took a step back from the forums because of too much negativity. It takes a while to turn things around, more so in the statue world (i would guess). Assuming PCS have moved to better factories, and product becomes like the prototype(s) the negativity should fade.
Oh i know they have other business's and i know exactly why Ant left the forums....i just want whats best for them and for me them to be around more on Facebook, for them to do more videos, more updates would be a great move for them.....and i thought that was happening at the beginning but again it's just fell away....

The best source for PCS info at the moment is Bryon Websters twitter which i don't think a lot of people know about or even follow lol and he doesn't do Facebook.

https://twitter.com/WebsRoom
Old 06-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #1359
Atimantium
Hydra

The straps are glued where the seams are so there is no pulling them down.
This information is coming from some person so take it for whatever you think it’s worth.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:00 AM   #1360
Olrox
Doh!

I don’t understand why some colllectors are so fixated on the fabric. I’ve received my Reptile today and I’m happy with it. This piece went on pre order over two years ago long before new ownership took over. Back when Jerry was the owner who is now what? Creative director? The negativity need to stop because it too powerful on social media. Sooner or later we’re not going to have any interaction with PCS beside customer service.
Olrox is offline   Reply With Quote