Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-20-2018, 09:46 PM   #81
Sandy32
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
This may be the only chance we get at this character. DC could make their own in smaller scale. They are making Batman from the Metal #1 midnight release cover, which is just regular Batman with two axes in his hands. Based on Greg Capullo art I’m pretty sure. Nothing else announced yet from them on this particular event.
Yeah, I'll be getting that Batman, I need someone to kick Barbatos ass on my shelf.
A Batman who laughs with excellent detail in 1:6 to 1:4 scale is what I want. Hopefully some company produces one.
Sandy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #82
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It actually pleasantly surprised me that they moved on this character as fast as they did. We often wait months or years before statues catch up with popular characters in comics! I may not be able to get this one as there is only so much cash to go around but it looks amazing and I'm excited to see it. I hope I can get the cash together!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #83
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
None of this is what you said in your initial post, and this post is very contradictory to what you said in your initial post. You think every opinion should be respected, yet Prime 1 shouldn’t waste talent on this character that people have already stated they love? Sounds like you aren’t respecting other people’s opinions....

Since you clearly have not read the comics, would you like me to explain the character and events of Metal in this post?
I stated that for me, they should stop to do batman stuff and specially this. Once more ,I believe you ran out of responses when question how is possible that this is one of the best villains and yet brand new. It is not about read a comic or not , but that there are lots and lots of characters that are away ahead of this one and I believe that i do not speak by myself. Prime 1 should not do just want I want and I believe this is very clear , this part i used to justify why I BUY A CHARACTER NOT ALL OF US. Pretend not to understand this is at least strange. Anyways , feel free to buy whatever you want, my opinion want change. Enough of Batman and specially such meaningless CHARACTER
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:19 PM   #84
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
I stated that for me, they should stop to do batman stuff and specially this. Once more ,I believe you ran out of responses when question how is possible that this is one of the best villains and yet brand new. It is not about read a comic or not , but that there are lots and lots of characters that are away ahead of this one and I believe that i do not speak by myself. Prime 1 should not do just want I want and I believe this is very clear , this part i used to justify why I BUY A CHARACTER NOT ALL OF US. Pretend not to understand this is at least strange. Anyways , feel free to buy whatever you want, my opinion want change. Enough of Batman and specially such meaningless CHARACTER
Again, contradicting yourself. First you only targeted this character, which you admittedly know nothing about. I’m not going to type out the entirety of the Metal event because you are too lazy to read it before posting an opinion on it.

Your “opinion” that since this character is new, so he can’t be great is head scratching. Characters can be around for any length of time, it doesn’t change how compelling they are. In fact, I’d argue new characters can be very refreshing and can take stories in different directions we haven’t seen before. That is the case with this character.

How is this character meaningless? Why don’t you tell me why? Oh yeah, you haven’t read the comics so you know NOTHING about the character.

YOU are ignorant. Your statements are contradictory and nonsensical.

On a side note, Batman has been around for over 75 years. Over the years the character has changed a lot, from the way he is written, to the way he looks. I have no clue why some people decide to come in here and complain that Prime 1 is making all these different versions. My favourite Batman artist is Jason Fabok. Some people prefer Frank Miller or Jim Lee. Why should they make less versions just because it’s not my favourite style? This is ridiculous, and Balthazar is part of the problem here. How does it hurt you that they make different versions of the character? You are nonsense.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 PM   #85
Balthazar

No ,I am not and ignorant i believe is you, who keep feeding those companies that just invest in one character. It is precisely of people like you that lot of good ones do not receive proper attention. Once more, it is a meaningless character. You mentioned different authors that have changed the design of Batman , giving him a new idea, but did not change it's essence ,therefore your point is also meaningless. More ,it is out of discussion that the greatest majority of collecting is based on our nostalgia ,feeling that is impossible to acquire from a character that was clearly designed to sell merchandise . Anyways ,go ahead and spend your money out with whatever you want. Good day.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #86
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
No ,I am not and ignorant i believe is you, who keep feeding those companies that just invest in one character. It is precisely of people like you that lot of good ones do not receive proper attention. Once more, it is a meaningless character. You mentioned different authors that have changed the design of Batman , giving him a new idea, but did not change it's essence ,therefore your point is also meaningless. More ,it is out of discussion that the greatest majority of collecting is based on our nostalgia ,feeling that is impossible to acquire from a character that was clearly designed to sell merchandise . Anyways ,go ahead and spend your money out with whatever you want. Good day.
What characters are Prime 1 not giving proper attention, if you don’t mind me asking?

You just keep saying it is a meaningless character but you aren’t saying why. Could it be because you know nothing about the character? I have a feeling that may be the reason.

Are you suggesting that every time Batman changes artist or writer the character must fundamentally change? I’m not sure what you are getting at here. In this case the character IS different, but you wouldn’t know that because again, you haven’t read the books.

The greatest majority of collecting is out of nostalgia? That’s a very generalized statement. It’s incorrect too. Many popular characters are fairly new ie Jessica Jones, Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales. Many buyers of comic books and toys are children sometimes as young as 3. Are 3 year olds capable of feeling nostalgia?

This character was designed to sell merchandise? What are you basing your opinion on here? Are you an industry insider, and know exactly why this character was created? I’d suggest to you that the character was created out of passion of a writer and an artist and to sell comics books.

I’m interested in hearing from you on these points you brought up.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:12 AM   #87
Balthazar

I am saying that the character should maintain their essence . About been an insider , I have been selling action figures and collecting for years . When you mention kids, i believe is also incorrect ,because out my experiencing selling , not even 1% a kids and your matching high ending collectibles to toys ? Quite confusing. Children consume toys, their parents consume collectibles ,undeniable on this one. Once more , THE GREATEST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE COLLECT OUT OF NOSTALGIA, but for sure there are addicts , go with flow people or rich enough to don't even need to select . When it comes to characters , I am speaking about Ajax, Black Adam Gordon and Ras for example
Old 02-21-2018, 07:07 AM   #88
ComicJesus

Because you may have sold items doesn’t make you an insider. Certain collectibles and comics are aimed at different age groups. The fact is that a lot of these characters are not exclusively aimed at certain groups. For example the LEGO Batman Movie. There are no rules to collecting. Toys, plushies, board books all apply and are not age exclusive.

You keep saying that the greatest majority of collecting is out nostalgia. Again, this is a broad and generalized statement. Many characters I collect are either new or new to me. Comics have been around forever. It’s crazy to suggest people wouldn’t like new things or characters that mix it up. Nostalgia is a factor but not the only or main motivator. It’s love for the comics and characters as the main motivator.

Ajax, Black Adam, Gordon and Ra’s. Well Shazam! Was just announced so I’d imagine Black Adam is around the corner. Ra’s is a very minor character in Arkham City, one of the games Prime 1 has not made a character from. All the characters are from Arkham Origins or Arkham Knight so likely a licensing issue. Ajax - from Marvel? Prime 1 is on hold for Marvel characters. Do you understand how licensing works? Prime 1 is the BEST company when it comes to producing characters they hold the licence to. If they haven’t made a character you want, it is likely a popularity or licensing issue. FURTHERMORE, it is not a reason to try and stop them from making characters other people like.

You still haven’t addressed my other questions and haven’t provided any reasoning to your ridiculous statements.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #89
Joel
The Herculoids

I’m loving the character, the concept of the character, the difference of the character, the art and I LOVE the concept of this statue! Loved it the second I saw it and never knew about the character at that point.

I can’t wait and seriously hope this progresses fast.

Keep up all the controversial posts, helps build popularity of this peice so Prime 1 forge ahead with it fast. Such a good move by them to do it....
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:20 AM   #90
Balthazar

Quote:
Because you may have sold items doesn’t make you an insider. Certain collectibles and comics are aimed at different age groups. The fact is that a lot of these characters are not exclusively aimed at certain groups. For example the LEGO Batman Movie. There are no rules to collecting. Toys, plushies, board books all apply and are not age exclusive.

You keep saying that the greatest majority of collecting is out nostalgia. Again, this is a broad and generalized statement. Many characters I collect are either new or new to me. Comics have been around forever. It’s crazy to suggest people wouldn’t like new things or characters that mix it up. Nostalgia is a factor but not the only or main motivator. It’s love for the comics and characters as the main motivator.

Ajax, Black Adam, Gordon and Ra’s. Well Shazam! Was just announced so I’d imagine Black Adam is around the corner. Ra’s is a very minor character in Arkham City, one of the games Prime 1 has not made a character from. All the characters are from Arkham Origins or Arkham Knight so likely a licensing issue. Ajax - from Marvel? Prime 1 is on hold for Marvel characters. Do you understand how licensing works? Prime 1 is the BEST company when it comes to producing characters they hold the licence to. If they haven’t made a character you want, it is likely a popularity or licensing issue. FURTHERMORE, it is not a reason to try and stop them from making characters other people like.

You still haven’t addressed my other questions and haven’t provided any reasoning to your ridiculous statements.

You need to be a joker. AJAX = MARTIAN MAN HUNTER. More you are bring collecting in a wider sense mate. Sure kids collecting toilet paper from Batman, but me not and people on this forum not as well. Once more for this segment , ADULTS CONSUME PERIOD. Another point is how you criticise Ras as a minor character hahahahaha. I believe that you do have comprehension problems , because precisely you are defending this ---- character ,when I am pointing out that is meaningless and your justification is that Ras IS A MINOR CHARACTER? Please I stop here after this one and by the way , I believe I know just a bit more about license than you.