Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #341
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
...SideShow has totally lost their minds.

I don't feel the same excitement I did for ToT EX. SSC can keep this ...no way in hell that price is worth this piece.
Sideshow priced this at the same price point as Prime 1's 1/4 New 52 Darkseid. that has a EX ES of 400 and still hasn't sold out.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #342
Mister S.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

With these prices.... I do believe we have already passed the point of no return
Although I really admire Martin Canale's artwork, it makes me sad to not being able to collect one of his pieces at this outrageous prices
Mister S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #343
Darkcross
The Spirit

I love it but I think the price is too high. Doesn't feel like Thanos on Throne since you could somewhat justify the cost due to the Throne. Recently anything with "Maquette" in the name means SS can price how they want without much reason compared to other pieces. With no ES set I will wait for in hand pics.
Darkcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:46 PM   #344
tonytiger
The X-Men

Well i hate to admit it but i said $1200.00 i was very close. They think this is worth more then Thanos ah what are they smoking?
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #345
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It definitely appears SS put a lot of work and thought into this statue from a design perspective. I applaud them for that.

With that being said, the price here is ludicrous. I feel partially to blame because I have been buying Prime 1 and some XM pieces, so I feel like participating in that has made SS think they can get in on the high prices. Difference is though, this costs more than those 1/3 scale pieces. Sideshow may realize though they are pricing people out, and with higher prices will sell less pieces. SS used to be a company that was accessible and their pieces had value. How many people are fans of the character and want this statue? Of that number, how many people can afford this or are willing to pay that much? Maybe I’m off base but I don’t think that number of people is that high. This represents a mortgage payment to some people.

People need to do themselves a favour and start waiting for in hand pics and after-market sales. The market is absolutely flooded.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #346
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I wish my house monthly mortgage repayment was only that much.

But with that said going by the posts here this isn't going to be very popular.

I wonder what the edition size is going to be?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:07 PM   #347
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Don’t forget shipping will be at least 125-150.00 the box will be big and heavy regardless. Definitely a pass for the po at this price for me. I will get in down the road 2 years from now. This should really be 800.00 max.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:11 PM   #348
SONICobra
Batman

im trying to envision doomsday delicately placing that ring on his giant knuckle spike... i think thats my least favorite JL trinket

i appreciate the thought that went into this concept but imo its too much, the superman cape (which appears to be optional) would have been sufficient
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:38 PM   #349
pokritz17
Hydra

hot damn, that's a price tag i def won't pay for...another one off the radar, everything shown at SDCC is much too expensive (even the new trinity)

watch Sideshow price Jugg $100 less than this and everyone is gonna yell "amazing price!"...smart move by SS, they know people will buy Jugg...Doomsday not so much
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:43 PM   #350
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Sadly we are the 3% who makes no difference. Or at least that’s what the ceo was trying to imply. we are useless to ss in terms of our opinions.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote