Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #391
rfridaythe13th
The Spirit

I saw some comments on facebook about the neck being too long, and wanted to post my thoughts here.

This statue seems based more on comic art than realism. (Which i prefer) and in comics. To capture a dynamic pose. You exagerate a few things. I didn't realize until now, that it was done in sculpting as well

So i think exaggerating her neck a little was necessary. To give her that extra flight emotion

rfridaythe13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #392
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfridaythe13th View Post
I saw some comments on facebook about the neck being too long, and wanted to post my thoughts here.

This statue seems based more on comic art than realism. (Which i prefer) and in comics. To capture a dynamic pose. You exagerate a few things. I didn't realize until now, that it was done in sculpting as well

So i think exaggerating her neck a little was necessary. To give her that extra flight emotion

No interest in this piece but the image was a good read and interesting!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #393
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:

Except she looks perfect with the shorter neck on the EX.... I don't know if the longer neck was a Art Direction by SS or if the Sculptor just likes long necks and did it himself, IMO it looks freakish... I feel the same way about hyper-extended knees which some artists also like to do..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #394
rfridaythe13th
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Except she looks perfect with the shorter neck on the EX.... I don't know if the longer neck was a Art Direction by SS or if the Sculptor just likes long necks and did it himself, IMO it looks freakish... I feel the same way about hyper-extended knees which some artists also like to do..
Do you not like any kind of exaggerating/extension? Or as long as it doesn't look bad in your pov..... let me ask your opinion on this. There is quite an exaggeration on this samus. The amount of twist in her waist, and curve on her back. How does this look to you?

And then here's a pic of this figure. Where the porportions are the way they should be. And it is a bit more boring. In my opinion
rfridaythe13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #395
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Do you not like any kind of exaggerating/extension? Or as long as it doesn't look bad in your pov..... let me ask your opinion on this. There is quite an exaggeration on this samus. The amount of twist in her waist, and curve on her back. How does this look to you?

And then here's a pic of this figure. Where the porportions are the way they should be. And it is a bit more boring. In my opinion
This is not even that bad. Supergirl has Kotobukiya bishoujo figure level of body contortion/exaggeration. And no, I do not want to own 1/4 scale of bishoujo figure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4E500E4-ADC2-4B40-80E5-0035D6F499AA.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	115092   Click image for larger version

Name:	53F2A361-BA81-4791-B25C-7F3F75DCEF6D.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	115093  
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #396
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Everything is based on a person point of view... Some people like it some don't , I just don't like exaggerations when their taken to far... It's the main reason I got rid of my SS Emma Frost PF and Black Canary PF statues because every time I looked at them I kept looking at their funky hyper-extended knees.. Also didn't care for Black Canary's weird twisting she had going on with her torso...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #397
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have to say that I like the face on the short hair Supergirl head much more than the face on the long hair Supergirl head
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:34 AM   #398
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have to say I love both heads! I see nothing wrong with either and will more than likely order at some point.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #399
jrsyedb
Fantastic Four

Same here, but initially I didn't. The more I see it, the more it is growing on me
jrsyedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #400
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The long-haired sculpt in the new SDCC DC Booth video looks really good in natural light.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote