Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Are you happy with how many PFs Sideshow is producing?
Yes - This is a good thing. 103 76.30%
No - I can't keep up. 32 23.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2018, 04:47 PM   #101
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I doubt that’s the reason. Lot’s of 1/4 collectors want to stay in that scale and would go 1/3 Prime 1 before going 1/6. I prefer Tweeterhead comic versions of the two 1/6 DC lines.
True, but after seeing how good those 1/6 statues look i'm now buying into a scale i said i never would. Not to mention the space factor.

While i cant speak for others, i think this certainly provides a solid alternative.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #102
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I doubt that’s the reason. Lot’s of 1/4 collectors want to stay in that scale and would go 1/3 Prime 1 before going 1/6.

I'll agree with this based on my personal choice. I still buy the odd PF that I really like (Kylo Ren, Darth Maul etc) But for the most part, I've found myself not buying much at all now, and instead putting money aside to by the odd really high end piece (for my modest budget anyway) Things like Prime 1's 1/3 Dog Alien. And I hope to get several more of their upcoming Alien & Predators. I would have scoffed at paying $1700+ for a statue not so long ago. But with some PF's now at $700, it just seems to be better value for me to go that route personally. We're all different in that regard however. Some people will no doubt drop down to smaller scales, or even figures. They're just not for me.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:14 PM   #103
ukshaun
Hercules

I can't keep up, won't keep up, have no intention of attempting to keep up.
With so many statues arriving, my reaction has been to stop 100% ..for the moment at_least. $600 a pop has become too much.

With 8 pre_orders on order (4 of those 1/3 scale) and the prospect of paying for 8x shipping 8x import charge, i've have no option but to stop. It's not all bad, as while in stop mode, i'm making a wish_list. Further down the line, i'll review that wish_list.

Sideshow - Black Widow is top of the wish_list
Sideshow - Catwoman will probably make the wish_list

Prime 1 - Poison Ivy is tearing me apart

I'm dreading the day Prime 1 reveal their new Alien. I might have to sell the car
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #104
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm dreading the day Prime 1 reveal their new Alien. I might have to sell the car

It's just a good job I haven't got any kids yet, or I'd probably be tempted to sell them for Prime 1's big chap if it turns out as good as their Dog alien
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:50 PM   #105
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's just a good job I haven't got any kids yet, or I'd probably be tempted to sell them for Prime 1's big chap if it turns out as good as their Dog alien
Now there's an idea ..or sell a kidney!
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #106
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I can't keep up, won't keep up, have no intention of attempting to keep up.
With so many statues arriving, my reaction has been to stop 100% ..for the moment at_least. $600 a pop has become too much.
Yeah things are moving pretty quickly. Just 2-3 years ago there were hardly any statues out or upcoming that i wanted from any company, now so many are coming out that i find myself having to be selective.

SS will still be getting the bulk of my money, followed by XM and P1(only catwoman and likely WW)

Again i must say I really like the way SS has adapted or appear to have adapted with regard to statue reveal/showing and hope that they continue in this way. This at leasts lets me plan ahead.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #107
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Yeah things are moving pretty quickly. Just 2-3 years ago there were hardly any statues out or upcoming that i wanted from any company, now so many are coming out that i find myself having to be selective.

SS will still be getting the bulk of my money, followed by XM and P1(only catwoman and likely WW)

Again i must say I really like the way SS has adapted or appear to have adapted with regard to statue reveal/showing and hope that they continue in this way. This at leasts lets me plan ahead.
It's getting to a point where every week I have to reevaluate the direction I want my collection to go. A few months ago there was only one PF on my list to get and now there's several. Plus XM is tempting me with 1/4 and now 1/6.

I don't have any P1 statues but that's probably going to change with the Kingdom Come line. God help me if it's 1/3 but I think it's just 1/4.

Then there's companies like Iron Studios who keep finding ways to take my money. People who were excited for PCS D&D need to be watching Iron Studios in the future. They have a nice diorama planned based on the cartoon. And speaking of PCS, they've gotten my attention with their animated licenses. I'm going to be in serious trouble if the GI Joe line turns out really good.

Happy hunting collectors!
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:13 AM   #108
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Don't have to worry about an onslaught when all their recent statues look terrible.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:18 AM   #109
demonhunter
Kingpin

I'm not a completist collector.
I collect based on available budget.
But sometimes, if the announced line up is too hard to resist because it looks so cool or is a character I always wanted to be part of my collection, I would still bite.

So, it's not so much of an onslaught for me. I still pick and choose. But in terms of the announced characters for in the "onslaught," pretty happy that Cable, the X-Men Ladies, Juggernaut were announced. I'm always fond of the mutants in Marvel. I like them more than the Avengers or other Marvel groups/teams.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #110
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Don't have to worry about an onslaught when all their recent statues look terrible.
False.