Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #1121
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I would post a link to my YouTube review . . . but, rules and all. Anyways, enjoy the pic!
I didn't know there were rules against that. Can you PM the link to me?
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:21 PM   #1122
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I didn't know there were rules against that. Can you PM the link to me?
The new rule was announced in the below thread...

YouTube rules
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #1123
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

YouTube rules
I see. I don't really understand what they're trying to do with that new rule. I'm already subscribed to your channel though.
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #1124
M United
The Spirit

The whole point of this hobby is to buy statues and or admire them and youtube reviews is an important part of that. What a shame that rule is in place. Its not th end of the world though there is other forums who are allowed to post youtube reviews.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #1125
Biggunz
Loki

Which ones? Rules in a statue forum that's a little too much. Who's monitoring this Disney.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:34 PM   #1126
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

YouTube rules
That's lame. People make a few pennies on their views in this niche hobby.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #1127
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This has to currently be my #1 statue... and will probably end up that way since I HAVE to be retiring from collecting these soon. I am out of room, so I would have to be selling to replace and I just can't see parting with any of these P1 Arkham/Hush pieces until I'm on my way out the door. Right now, I am wondering if I can even fit Batman and Ivy in what room I have left in this room.

BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #1128
Biggunz
Loki

fabric version is really fitting well with all those other arkham statues with fabric capes.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #1129
stryker12
Fantastic Four

Just got him today, my first P1 piece. Overall, it's pretty good, love everything about him except for the headsculpts. They're too dark and the lips should have been a different shade. I held his head next to the new Sideshow PF Superman, and he's nearly as tan as that guy.

I kinda had really high expectations after hearing everyone say how P1's statues are always super close to prototype. I mean I guess he mostly is, but in the prototype pics he looks kinda pale, which I was looking forward to after Sideshow's PF...

He's great, and I'm satisfied for now, but I think Prime 1 can and will make a better superman in the future. For some, that's the Frank Miller version coming up. Personally, I'm waiting on Fabok, and if I like that one enough, I can see myself unloading this guy.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #1130
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
the headsculpts. They're too dark and the lips should have been a different shade.

He's great, and I'm satisfied for now, but I think Prime 1 can and will make a better superman in the future. For some, that's the Frank Miller version coming up. Personally, I'm waiting on Fabok, and if I like that one enough, I can see myself unloading this guy.
Those are essentially the 2 reasons I ended up not getting this one. The head sculpts just did not look right to me, and I overall prefer the Frank Miller DKR version. I just saw no reason to have 2 huge 1/3 Superman statues that are essentially the same costume, and the DKR version wins out for me.

I MIGHT get the black variant of this if it really blows me away, but I'm doubting it. And if it even really exists.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote