Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-11-2020, 03:15 AM   #1301
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I’m guessing huge price drops in og Hulk from SS. Just a hunch

This statue destroys it in every way!

I was never a fan of that statue anyways. (neanderthal forehead)
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:05 AM   #1302
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The pictures from Brain Panini are looking great. Thanks Grumpybear.

The sideshow og hulk and this one are obviously very different. As has already been written here, the Sideshow og Hulk has conquered its well-deserved place. For me, the two have no competition. Too different.
I personally would not buy the Sideshow og Hulk because i dont love the sculpt and it looks a bit boring to me. Hulk Transformation, on the other hand, has a lot to look at and looks like its a really detailed, well sculpted and painted statue.

I am glad that I became aware of the statue game while a piece like hulk transformation was in the making.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:06 AM   #1303
FJC
Midnighter

Just waiting for a shipping invoice. As for OG PF vs this transformation HULK debate...no contest. I never liked any of the classic HULK PFs by sideshow. IMO, all of the portraits weren't my cup of tea. I finally found THE 1/4 classic HULK for my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:02 AM   #1304
Vader
Ghost

The og hulk is different. it's the original. It's like trying to say that hulk #1 comic book is going to drop in value because the new cover is better on the latest comic.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:33 AM   #1305
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
The og hulk is different. it's the original. It's like trying to say that hulk #1 comic book is going to drop in value because the new cover is better on the latest comic.
You nailed it Vader.
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #1306
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

No it’s just a poor version of hulk for me. His legs are small compared to his body , his head is based on Kirby artwork I can’t stand and the cherry on top doll pants made of real fabric . Strike three for me anyways .

It’s not buying the next new thing as we have had many Hulkd over the years I’ve passed on all of them . This was the one ! I knew it in the render and preordered from the drawing . Only other statue I did that for was Hulkbuster .

Rather than debate this because it is XM thread let’s celebrate this masterpiece and allow XM to shine because they deserve it on this . Sideshow had its time as champion for nearly two decades but the torch has been passed .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #1307
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
No it’s just a poor version of hulk for me. His legs are small compared to his body , his head is based on Kirby artwork I can’t stand and the cherry on top doll pants made of real fabric . Strike three for me anyways .

It’s not buying the next new thing as we have had many Hulkd over the years I’ve passed on all of them . This was the one ! I knew it in the render and preordered from the drawing . Only other statue I did that for was Hulkbuster .

Rather than debate this because it is XM thread let’s celebrate this masterpiece and allow XM to shine because they deserve it on this . Sideshow had its time as champion for nearly two decades but the torch has been passed .
if you don't like the kirby hulk, its a non starter. That is the reason the og hulk is so classic.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #1308
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I appreciate everything for what it is and for when it was done .....main reason why I’ve kept most of my Bowen pieces. Also a reason why I love Kirby and I love Buscema.....Both were great in their time and I’ll never stop appreciating their impact on how I view comics.And as far as this New hulk being compared to the old sideshow I’ll never forget the original slideshow which is why I still have them in my collection this new XM studios is fantastic but it does not take anything away from the original side show. And for those who are still having trouble understanding just compare it to your ex girlfriends or Orion slave girls ..I’m sure they all had something wonderful to offer.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #1309
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:

Definitely co-signed. I joined the hobby two years and scoured the Earth for the perfect Hulk. I looked high and low but really didn't see THE Hulk that I loved until I saw Transformation. I didn't realize it would take two years to get it, but it looks like it's going to pay off. This statue is my dream piece.

But I do agree that you can't criticize older pieces. I sill love my Koto/Bowen Xmen statues and I display them proudly. That version of Hulk is not my favorite (I prefer 70s/80s Hulk), but it still deserves respect.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #1310
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That’s the nice part of hobby ... today we have choices and in early days there weren’t many . The evolution of what we call out hobby. It’s exciting to see where we might be in 5 years time with technology changing making these things stellar collectable art pieces .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote