Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblepot View Post
Recast of? The batman and joker both look different
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #412
Cobblepot
U talkin' to me?

The Joker looks a hell of a lot like the Joker from the vs. statue.
Cobblepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #413
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's nothing like it actually, outside of the obvious, that it's Batman and Joker, the latter in a straightjacket.

All four figures in that set are repaints of previously released DC Direct figures. Killer Croc and Penguin are repaints of the Penguin and Killer Croc figures from 2005's Secret File: Batman's Rogue Gallery wave. And Batman & The Joker are repaint variants of the 2008 Con Exclusive Batman & Joker figures, though Batman now has the capsule belt instead of the pouch belt of the earlier con exclusive version. Those in turn were both variants of the earlier 2007 Batman & Son wave Batman and Joker figures, with Batman pretty much being a straight repaint, and Joker having a new straightjacket torso and bare feet, to go along with his repainted pants and reused head sculpt.

So there you have it.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #414
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
It's nothing like it actually, outside of the obvious, that it's Batman and Joker, the latter in a straightjacket.

All four figures in that set are repaints of previously released DC Direct figures. Killer Croc and Penguin are repaints of the Penguin and Killer Croc figures from 2005's Secret File: Batman's Rogue Gallery wave. And Batman & The Joker are repaint variants of the 2008 Con Exclusive Batman & Joker figures, though Batman now has the capsule belt instead of the pouch belt of the earlier con exclusive version. Those in turn were both variants of the earlier 2007 Batman & Son wave Batman and Joker figures, with Batman pretty much being a straight repaint, and Joker having a new straightjacket torso and bare feet, to go along with his repainted pants and reused head sculpt.

So there you have it.
Wouldnt argue with that... looks like you know your sh*t!
albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #415
spenca7
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post

So there you have it.
yup and the Joker's arms are restrained in the figure where as the statue figures are free and his legs are straight rather than flailing (spellin?)
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:59 AM   #416
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeeman View Post
Wouldnt argue with that... looks like you know your sh*t!
I used to collect DC Direct figures, started with the very first DC release, Swamp Thing, and collected for years, but gave up completely a couple years back as it began to turn more into variants and same characters repeated rather than new characters I didn't already have, and as I got more and more into higher end stuff. I still collect unique Joker figures though, or at least the ones that I like anyway, everything else got packed away. In fact I've got a shelf full of various Joker figures who all live happily above my Joker statue shelf.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #417
Cobblepot
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenca7 View Post
yup and the Joker's arms are restrained in the figure where as the statue figures are free and his legs are straight rather than flailing (spellin?)
Thanks guys.

(Yeas I notiticed this, but I thought it would be simple to adjust the arm.)

Guess they didn't, thanks!
Cobblepot is offline   Reply With Quote