Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
As a long suffering Knick fan I can now say with confidence....we're back!

Welcome Melo!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
the Knicks just became a Powerhouse!
they are on their way but not back just yet. They have 2 premier Forwards that can score with anyone in the league ... but they also have a track record of not putting much stock in playing the other end of the floor. Dantoni loves to run and gun and not play a lot of D so I don't think they are built for the playoffs just yet.

Good move overall ... but they have more to do.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think it was a bad deal... Knicks gave up too much... They should've waited and just signed him as a free agent during the off season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
He was gonna stay in Denver if no trade went down. We had to pull the trigger. I like the deal. Felton was gone after next year. Chandler too. Boils down player wise to Gallo and Moskov for Melo. You gotta make that deal. If they would have thrown in Fields then it would have been too much.
Quote:
I don't think he would've stayed... he wanted out... but either way the Knicks just became a Powerhouse!
I don't think Melo was going into the off season as a free agent - too much money to potentially lose with the new CBA looming. NJ coming back into the mix really made NY get of their arse and make the deal.

CAF
Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Chauncy Billups is a beast!
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
Chauncy Billups is a beast!
True ... and he will be a good bridge to the future PG for NY ... he probably does not have a lot of years left as a starting PG IMO

CAF
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
Frankierock
Omega Red

I think it's a great deal for the Knicks and I really do not think they gave up that much at all. They were a .500 team at best with the players they had.
Melo is an Elite player and the guys we gave up are all replaceable, Melo on the other hand is a player that is not...Just look at Cleveland now, Granted Lebron is better then Melo overall, but look how one elite player can have a team winning 50-60 games a year and when he leaves they are lucky to win 20.
No brainer IMO.

Also for those knick fans out there,Melo will no longer be #15 either so don't get those jerseys just yet....15 has been retired 2wice. I am hearing #7 will be his.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #16
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
I don't think he would've stayed... he wanted out... but either way the Knicks just became a Powerhouse!
Not this year, they lost a big chunk of their team & they were still only one game over .500.

They need a point guard, Billups doesn't like Melo & will not be here for long. It will be interesting to see if Paul is true to his word & decides to come to NY after his comments @ Melo's wedding.

After Ewing left the Knicks, I've had no interest in this team @ all, especially when you take into account what the NBA has become.

This will definitely peak my interest in the Knicks again but like I said before they need to finally get a PG.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote