Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
Anarion
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Which Luke is better?

I was wondering what you guys think which Luke looks better.. (X-wing of Jedi)I myself think that the X-wing version looks better as a bust, mostly because of the outfit. The face, well I firts have to see the Jedi version, but I think that looks better on that version.

I don't want to have a character double in my collection, so..what version should I buy?
Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
Gianco
X-Force

ANH and ESB, remember that Mark Hammil suffered a terrible car accident after filming ANH, that´s why he looks different. I have the X-wing (you can find some nice deals on e-bay) and the Jedi on pre-order. Two pretty different representations of the same character. Check out Luke in Stormtrooper armor, that could be an option too!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Its pretty rare for GG's likeness of a character to get worse with time but in Luke's case I think thats exactly what has happened. Hopefully the upcoming Jedi mini-bust will still be improved upon but based off the way it looks now I think the likeness of Luke in both pilot gear and Stormtrooper disguise look far superior.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #4
patrickwm68
The Flash

I already have X-Wing Luke but I'm looking forward to Jedi Luke so I can put Mara Jade next to him.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #5
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I am kind of disappointed in the Jedi Luke bust. I am not fond of the pose and the face does seem to be off from the pics I have seen. I sold off all my GG busts after I got Han Solo, IMO it did not look like Harrison Ford. That and GG was taking to freaking long to put stuff out. They seem to be doing better lately. I may go back and pick up a few of the characters I like.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote