Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #451
Gothamite
Phoenix

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:47 AM   #452
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Wow, it definitely doesn't look like the prototype. I may quit buying now if this is how they turn out. That face looks horrible.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:22 AM   #453
built2shred
Phoenix

What happen to her teeth? I'm hoping the lighting is just washing out her face... otherwise that's really bad.....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:24 AM   #454
Gothamite
Phoenix

Reminds me of the Eaglemoss Mega Harley Quinn:

Old 07-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #455
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Anyone else not all that comfortable with the way she settles into that peg? It seems like it's stable... barely.

Mine was not "perfect", unfortunately. It's close, but I have what looks to be a very small nick/chip that is easily visible by her left shoulder. Unfortunately, I'm drawn to it.

From afar, it's just a dot. Up close... well, it's still a dot, I guess. I'd prefer it not be there - and, no, I'm not a fixer-upper when it comes to these things. <sigh> I'm not lucking out with this line so far.

The face on yours looks better.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:54 AM   #456
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
Wow, it definitely doesn't look like the prototype. I may quit buying now if this is how they turn out. That face looks horrible.
Yeah, EXACTLY what I was thinking to myself.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #457
jeremydmc
Black Panther

The face on mine looks better in person than the pictures on my old iPhone make it look. I’m very happy with mine.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #458
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
The face on mine looks better in person than the pictures on my old iPhone make it look. I’m very happy with mine.
This is always key. My phone camera never does pieces justice. I'd understand though if people wanted to see in person to be sure.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #459
pdenham
Teen Titans

Gothamite, did you just receive that? If so, what do you think?

The pic Brandon posted is definitely the prettiest I've seen this portrait look.

It just goes to show though how much the viewing angle and lighting affect what you see.

Display it higher than eye level and view it with omnidirectional lighting, not a single source that is going to create sharply defined shadows and highlights.

While I've been ruthlessly honest about how I felt finally seeing this portrait in hand, I think I should also say that while I'll never do a 180 on that aspect, I've really come to appreciate the statue as a whole in the short time I've had it.

I'm happy I didn't let that one (admittedly significant) aspect deter me from picking it up. I've long wanted a Supergirl statue representing this era of the character and all in all it's a wonderful example of that.

From the composition of the cloud base to the soundness of the figure work, it's actually an excellent piece and a decent value at the prices you can get it for if you shop around.

The same day Supergirl came in I also got in a Sideshow Black Canary I got off ebay.

I love the portrait on that and think it's one of the most attractive female faces I've seen. I also love the attitude of it. It's a beautiful, fun piece- but it ain't perfect either. Unlike Supergirl, there is an element of the figure that is so wrong it's almost insulting.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #460
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Gothamite, did you just receive that? If so, what do you think?
I didn't buy it. I'm waiting for Batgirl before committing to getting any Tweeterhead statues. I saw it at the largest comic shop in my town. I was mainly interested in getting a size comparison pic to post on here. I think some paint to separate the individual teeth would've helped.