Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
happybunny
Frackin!

Mine came in today. It looks good, I'm happy with it.
happybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

While not terrible these look too basic, no great detail and plain paint jobs. They feel more like a cash grab than art.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

well if we are honest, all statues are cash grabs, they ain't selling 'em for nothing. LOL

I see your point though, after an ocean of black and whites has been hitting us for years, here comes another line of small lower end statues based on a internet game.

I'm not going to collect them all for sure, but Batman is a great little statue that would have fit into the black and white series easily.

Like the black and white line, there will be some winners and losers but no way can this line last as long as the black and white run.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Like the black and white line, there will be some winners and losers but no way can this line last as long as the black and white run.
Seriously? If the game ends up taking off, it could slightly open up the market for these. I can see these being more popular than the B&W series. Plus, whether anyone around here thinks so or not, Jim Lee is a popular artist - basing a whole line around his designs isn't exactly a bad idea. I'll bet that DCUO Batman sells better than most (if not all) of the B&W statues.

This is DCDs chance to hit characters we've never seen in statue form before and I hope they do it. Well, my wallet doesn't, I guess.... When I saw Ambush Bug pop up in the game... well, I can only dream...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #15
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Seriously? If the game ends up taking off, it could slightly open up the market for these. I can see these being more popular than the B&W series. Plus, whether anyone around here thinks so or not, Jim Lee is a popular artist - basing a whole line around his designs isn't exactly a bad idea. I'll bet that DCUO Batman sells better than most (if not all) of the B&W statues.

This is DCDs chance to hit characters we've never seen in statue form before and I hope they do it. Well, my wallet doesn't, I guess.... When I saw Ambush Bug pop up in the game... well, I can only dream...

I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if a Lee based line went on for years. But I suppose there is potential for varied characters keeping sales up, though how many people would buy some of the third tier characters?

We shall see.

I will buy my favorite characters for sure.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
BrandonJF

I see on the box for these first ones that they list a few unnannounced ones - Joker (can't wait - I LOVE the DCUO Joker design), Harley Quinn, and Killer Croc.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
BrandonJF

I got mine today. Batman looks fantastic. Catwoman looks good, but there no real reason to get it unless you're wanting to be a line completist (me), given the other options out there.

This line is going to look great displayed together. I can't wait for more to show up (especially that Wonder Woman one).
Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #18
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
While not terrible these look too basic, no great detail and plain paint jobs. They feel more like a cash grab than art.
Why? The Catwoman is "plain" because she's mostly solid black?

I'm not sure you can ask for a much better paint job on both of these. Catwoman fits your comments simply based on the design. There is plenty of detail to Batman.

I can see people being turned off by the size, but they are very well done.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
DCCollector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm pretty pleased with these. They're don't completely wow you right out of the box but are pretty solid display pieces and very good quality. I'm really excited about the future of this line, especially after seeing The Joker, Harley and Croc advertised on these boxes. Can't wait to see them.

The only real gripe I have is that my Catwoman has some sort of substance on her face...glue, I think. Kind of a drag, but it's only noticeable up close so I'm not too concerned about it.

DCCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
JM28Cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCollector View Post
The only real gripe I have is that my Catwoman has some sort of substance on her face...glue, I think.
Edit: Didnt notice your pic of it. I'd definately take that back.

Are these not a little bit smaller than the black and whites? I saw them in my lcs, they looked quite small.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote