Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-04-2024, 01:53 PM   #1
Forps is back
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

With Sideshow GOATing, left and right, how should other companies react?

With Sideshow coming full steam and with the market being in a dreadful state, Sideshow is atm SUFFOCATING competition.

Old collectors are out of space (Prime1 with its ridiculous bases can be blamed, lol), new collectors are out of money, shipping is nuts and now Sideshow is handling Ls, left and right.

Sideshow is relentless, punching and punching and punching

She CORRECTLY does not care for ES atm, she simply wants to produce magnificent sculpts at affordable prices and concurrently to suffocate competition.

So what other companies can do?

XM. I don't know and i don't care. XM is the reason this hobby is here. The tactics it used, its PAST, the online army it created with pushers and hypers pushing its agenda and getting their "freebies", the ELEVATED prices is all XM's (and partly Prime1's) fault.

LBS.
She tried to mimic XM's strategy building an online army but this tactic does not work anymore. Especially in today's market. She needs to hire someone with true art knowledge and to improve her sculpts. She also needs to STOP LISTENING to Tubers. It is a recipe for disaster making business decisions based on what Tubers say.

Tweeterhead. It is a lovely company but her 1/3 bust line cannot work apart from 4-5 characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Freeze). Its style also is OUTDATED, especially its DC line. Its MoU line is losing steam, the latest ES are lower and lower. Thundercats line cannot catch fire, it does not have a depth of deep-pocketed collectors to go over 3-4 characters deep.

PCS. Forps battles with Ant in my older thread were epic. The guy was constantly bragging about himself and he still does it. He goes on Tubers constantly bragging. My advice? You have what ? ~ 60 POs last 2q and this quarter? Having delivered what? 4 products ? Blade 1+2, Shredder and Storm? All plagued with QC issues? Stop the CONSTANT POs and deliver some product. It nearly has 1 or even 2POs per week and the product DELIVERED is minimal. Collectors need ACTUAL product to be delivered, not constant POs.

Infinity Studio. One of my 4 beloved companies. She should continue on her path, but it would be wise to reduce its LSB offerings to 3 per year or 1 per quarter till the market stabilizes.

Queen Studios. She gets pressed by Infinity Studios in the LSB segment and by JND in the 1/3 scale. Both Infinity and JND have better products, so Queen must try to impove.

ECC. Another one of my beloved companies. It should STOP producing DINO-CR.P for losers and return to its bread and butter. Monsters. Dinos are for a paleontological museum and can be produced even without a license.

JND. The COC...EST company ever with its product being mediocre at best. I own 5 JND products and only 1 is top notch. Harley has a 40% likeness, Wonder Woman classic outfit 55%, Batman 65% and Heard 65%. Wonder Woman 1984 is the best with 90% likeness and the SOLE one which is going to KEEP its value in the long run. Its hype is dying and ALL of JNDs can be bought for retail or cheaper with the exception of WW 1984 (gold edition) which is the sole "grail" of JND. I LOATHE the coc...ness of this company though. Especially since it does NOT deliver, no-matter-what her online army of pushers and hypers say. They even threat people expressing their opinions.

Blitzway. Our big hope to end JND coc..ness. The company Sideshow should go after in order to cooperate. Its sculpts are good and also affordable for average Joes. I HATE though the fact that they do not set an ES, allowing for massive recasting of its products. They should start NUMBERING their statues.

The situation is extremely difficult. The winter is here as i CORRECTLY predicted.

This along with Sideshow "taking no prisoners" and suffocating its competition by vacuuming collector's money with her EXCELLENT new statues at AFFORDABLE prices, leads to a need for other companies to react.

Surely not by listening to Tubers though
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 02:15 PM   #2
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Sideshow isn’t suffocating the competition. They’re suffocating collectors with their garbage. Tell Sideshow to quit keeping the Star Wars license hostage. It’s time to move on and let others handle it. Thanks.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 02:17 PM   #3
Iko Iko
Fantomah

I always appreciate Forps referring to Sideshow as a "she". It makes me smile every time.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 02:21 PM   #4
Forps is back
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I always appreciate Forps referring to Sideshow as a "she". It makes me smile every time.
or Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (meme-style, )
Old 05-04-2024, 03:25 PM   #5
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Wonder Woman 1982 is the best with 90% likeness

with the exception of WW 1982 (gold edition)
You mean 1984? Or is this a rare variant I'm not aware of
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 03:27 PM   #6
Forps is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
You mean 1984? Or is this a rare variant I'm not aware of
Fixed it. I am writing like Taz here.
Old 05-04-2024, 05:01 PM   #7
God
Frackin!

My honest answer is for the other companies to continue focusing on what they are doing best, as long as they are continuing to see buyer support.

Personally, out of that list, JND is the company I'm buying the most from. They're producing pieces that I'm fully content with and fulfilling areas that don't exist at a high level (hyperreal anime, some movies that I like, etc.) I find their pieces quite classy for a museum style display.

Prime 1 is probably a close second, because Sideshow and even others aren't producing licenses that I'm more interested in. Sideshow doesn't have say... Berserk, Street Fighter 6, and other licenses from Japanese manga or video games.

Sideshow is producing nice pieces, but as a collector primarily focused on what I like, it's not interesting for me.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:07 PM   #8
Forps is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
My honest answer is for the other companies to continue focusing on what they are doing best, as long as they are continuing to see buyer support.

Personally, out of that list, JND is the company I'm buying the most from. They're producing pieces that I'm fully content with and fulfilling areas that don't exist at a high level (hyperreal anime, some movies that I like, etc.) I find their pieces quite classy for a museum style display.

Prime 1 is probably a close second, because Sideshow and even others aren't producing licenses that I'm more interested. Sideshow doesn't have say... Berserk, Street Fighter 6, and other licenses from Japanese manga or video games.

Sideshow is producing nice pieces, but as a collector primarily focused on what I like, it's not interesting for me.
JND has 1 element i love. Simple, not exaggerated bases.

The total opposite to Prime1 with bases where Prime1 throws everything and their mother just to "wow" casuals, average Joes and Tubers. And Prime1 achieves it cause casuals are casuals, you know

Nevertheless, in the end, Prime1 bases look like hot mess. They are not classy and they ooze a strong TOYISH vibe.

JND lacks big time in likeness. I have 5 JND pieces and excluding WW 1984, the other sculpts are a JOKE likeness-wise. I've seen all other JND statues (the pieces i don't own) and they also lack big time.

We all know that JND has an online army of pushers and hypers (even on this forum) who belitttle anyone daring to question JND, but the market speaks for itself. Apart from WW 1984, all other JND pieces can be now found at retail or below.

The hype has died.

I like though the simple and classy bases with their minimal footprint.

This is the way also for Sideshow stepping into 1/3 Marvel comic and DC comic lines. To produce 1/3 sculpts, imposing sculpts but keep the bases and their footprint small.
Old 05-04-2024, 05:40 PM   #9
Exorcist
The X-Men

Talking

Sideshow GOATING and the JND hype already died?

Anyway thx for the good read
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:47 PM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Well, you nailed PCS, that's for sure.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote