Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Warhammer 40K is coming...

From Kelvin Loke on P1's FB group:

Get ready for War

Fans of Warhammers 40K, get ready to obliterate your puny enemies with your 1/4 scale warriors. I can feel it in my bones that Prime1's details and color will be beautiful on these amazing looking characters. At least now I don't have to strain my eyes.

Work is commencing soon.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
SONICobra
Bane

man I used to love painting these, never played the game though - always seemed too complicated lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow!! I wonder if these will actually be able to be used as pieces?
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #4
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
Wow!! I wonder if these will actually be able to be used as pieces?
Lol cheaper than getting one of those Titans and painting.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:33 PM   #5
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Man, with all those licenses I hope they are hiring new people or it's going to take them 3 years from announcement to release everytime they want to make a new statue.

I used to really be into 40K as a kid so that's great, eager to see what they come up with (would never spend that much on a 40K statue though) but it's getting a bit crowded at P1 and in the end very few new actual products are being shown lately. It's just one obscure new license after the other, how about they focus on stuff that's been teased forever ago and releasing all those pre-ordered statues first?
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:36 AM   #6
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:53 AM   #7
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I'm not looking forward to this! Having spent a lot of time around the miniature, one defining aspect of Games Workshops "style" is the complete lack of proportion in their sculpting!

While P1 would no doubt have licence to interpret that design ethic into their products, especially at 1\4 scale, I'm worried that the very act of proportioning the characters more "realistically" (how realistic can a Space Marine be?) will detract from the very thing that makes the piece WH40K!

I also agree with general sentiment here, it's hard to get excited about a company's announcements when they have (ultimately) delivered so little. It's the opitome of "the boy who cried wolf!".

And while this may be exciting, I actually feel there will be an extremely limited market of interest for this product line. Those who are into WH40K would rather spend the $500+ on building their armies, and those with $500+ to spend on a statue (generally) are more interested in more "mainstream" topics.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:05 AM   #8
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
And while this may be exciting, I actually feel there will be an extremely limited market of interest for this product line. Those who are into WH40K would rather spend the $500+ on building their armies, and those with $500+ to spend on a statue (generally) are more interested in more "mainstream" topics.....
Very good point.

And unfortunately I feel like a lot of their focus is indeed on very limited markets.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the people that get excited by some of their more obscure licenses (some of which I have actually never ever heard of despite being a decent nerd), but in the meantime that's thousands upon thousands of customers waiting for the more "major" releases either teased or already on pre-order for the bigger licenses (*cough* Batman* *cough*).

Am I excited by the possibility of seeing a Prime 1 Black Templar or Prime 1 EVA-01? Sure, but man... Priorities FFS.

Looking at the threads here, it's just license after license... How many of these will get a release in the next 2 years?
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #9
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

What is this, the 30th or 40th license they've announced? How many statues have they actually released so far? A handful of Transformers, some Ninja Turtles and a Batman?

I'm not sure I see the point in acquiring dozens of new licenses if nothing will come of them.

I've never played Warhammer or had much interest in the franchise, but some of the designs are pretty interesting and seem to be influenced by Blizzard or vice versa.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:34 AM   #10
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Basically at this point all my collection is going to be Prime 1 they are getting all the licenses i want!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote