Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #21
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I can't see the sideshow page, I assume this is the standard costume through most of the movie? I'd prefer the ceremony version at the end. She never looked more stunning.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #22
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I can't see the sideshow page, I assume this is the standard costume through most of the movie?
Correct.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #23
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I'm more cognizant of getting strong not-skanky female characters in my collection now that I have a daughter. This Leia will be mine.

Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:30 PM   #24
dharper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Doesn't look like much of an improvement. I'll stick with the original PF.
dharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:36 PM   #25
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharper View Post
Doesn't look like much of an improvement. I'll stick with the original PF.
little early to judge I would say
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:48 AM   #26
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Ohhhh I like the pic! The portrait and pose is going to be so much better than the first. I'm very interested!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:14 AM   #27
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

What in the hell is Sideshow's obsession with giving all of their Star Wars PF's jazz hands now? At least it's not an eye sore with Leia, but Luke's is so disastrous.

It's almost like this is becoming the new Captain Morgan knee up pose with them =/
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:39 AM   #28
Xaerius
The Herculoids

I wasn't collecting back when the original Leia PF was released so I am really looking forward to the new piece. With that being said, if the head sculpt is as poorly done as the new Luke and new Han Solo, then it will be an easy "NO" for me. If Prime 1 (with the new Wonder Woman Training Uniform), Blitzway (Rocky, Marilyn Monroe and Sharon Stone), and PCS (with their two Conan pieces) can get the likeness so close to perfect, Sideshow, with their deep pockets, should be able to do so as well, in my opinion. Just sayin'...and yes, I have and/or have pre-ordered those mentioned.

EDIT: I did NOT order the Luke or Han due to the poorly done head sculpts - just based on my own opinion); I meant that I have or have ordered the other mentioned pieces.

Last edited by Xaerius; 07-22-2017 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Added clarification...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:10 AM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

With SS you really need to take the wait and see approach. You just never know what your going to get with the production version.

The master of doing face likeness is Iron Studios atm, I'm hoping we get Luke, Leia and Han from them soon.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:09 AM   #30
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
What in the hell is Sideshow's obsession with giving all of their Star Wars PF's jazz hands now? At least it's not an eye sore with Leia, but Luke's is so disastrous.

It's almost like this is becoming the new Captain Morgan knee up pose with them =/
I agree that Lukes especially looked weak in execution.
However the jazz hands on Han and Luke are a little more appropriate because the figure is reflexively doing it for counter balance- not the splayed fingers, but the dainty wrist- in both cases the arm is also out so it's not an awkward 90 degree bend.
Otherwise, for a figure to be standing fully erect and have their hand bent at the wrist like that, as Leia is, seems really forced, contrived.

That's the kind of stuff you see with a lot with rookies. It comes from less time spent observing real life and real people, and more time spent copying other artists (and usually not the good ones).

It's the antithesis of the qualities I see in someone like Harbottles work and whoever did the newest Sonja.

Here- why is this so hard to do. Don't know what to do with the left arm/hand? How about having her use both hands to hold the blasters like she does in the film?

You can even get the body lean in to give the piece some compositional interest.
Instead I look at that concept design art and think...amateurish.

I'm also not digging the truncated sidewalls on the base. Either go floor to ceiling with them or leave them off entirely. All that knee high piece does is call attention to itself and distract from the rest of the statue,
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote