Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-12-2007, 03:50 AM   #21
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreynoldsxcorex View Post
MGS4 is a ps3 exclusive and unfortunately that will get me to purchase one just to play. And besides that new E3 trailer makes it look like it will be damn worth the money, but I for sure will never come close to using 80gigs, ever.
Actually that's not entirely true. There was no confirmation about it at E3. From what I've heard, Konami is interested in releasing it for the 360 but they're probably waiting to see if sales pick up for the PS3. They may end up doing the ol' exclusive for a short time deal where it won't be available for the 360 until after a year or something. At any rate, they didn't commit to exclusivity for the PS3.

I've been following the coverage of E3 and I have to say I'm much more interested in the PS3 now. Nothing special about Sony's conference other than it wasn't loaded with BS. They were just talkin games and I have to say they won me over a bit. This fall looks very good for Sony.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #22
xreynoldsxcorex
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well if we want to be technical and look at the statements they did say that it is a ps3 2008 exclusive. I for one am not going to be waiting til 09 to play Metal Gear on Xbox however. Also, I think if it is ported to 360 it might not be as good because all that real time footage that Kojima showed must take up loads of space which might unfortunately max out on a 360. I am very impatient and that video with Raiden was ridiculous!!! So Sony will be getting all my damn money soon. and I can't wait for them to have it! But I am double sad about it.
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #23
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreynoldsxcorex View Post
Well if we want to be technical and look at the statements they did say that it is a ps3 2008 exclusive. I for one am not going to be waiting til 09 to play Metal Gear on Xbox however. Also, I think if it is ported to 360 it might not be as good because all that real time footage that Kojima showed must take up loads of space which might unfortunately max out on a 360. I am very impatient and that video with Raiden was ridiculous!!! So Sony will be getting all my damn money soon. and I can't wait for them to have it! But I am double sad about it.
have you seen the graphics for the need for speed games on the 360?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #24
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Just read a article, but lost the link saying PS3 might cut the price down a bit more. Not sure if its true, but we will see this x-mas. Cause Wii might not be able to meet the demand for x-mas.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #25
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Just read a article, but lost the link saying PS3 might cut the price down a bit more. Not sure if its true, but we will see this x-mas. Cause Wii might not be able to meet the demand for x-mas.
I'd really be surprised if Sony did that. I'm sure they're pretty annoyed to have to do it once, but there's probably no chance they'll do it again anytime soon. It look too desperate on their part.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #26
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

Yeah, it's not really a price cut, more of a clearance sale...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/804/804902p1.html

At least I was right about this being marketing hype. Basically, if you want a $500 PS3 grab it now; they're discontinuing the 60 GB model, hence the reduced price.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:46 PM   #27
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Just got one the day after it was announced. I bought it strictly for Blu Ray movies. I noticed a huge difference in the sound quality of the PS3 from the new Sony BDP S300. It was definitely a difference. The PS3 sounded very very nicely.

I will occasionally play a few PS2 games I never got to play (God of War, Shadow of Colossus, Okami,etc.)

My XBox 360 Elite is where most of my game playing is done. Just got through beating Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I can't get Silver Surfer though. How the hell do I get him?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #28
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Actually that's not entirely true. There was no confirmation about it at E3. From what I've heard, Konami is interested in releasing it for the 360 but they're probably waiting to see if sales pick up for the PS3. They may end up doing the ol' exclusive for a short time deal where it won't be available for the 360 until after a year or something. At any rate, they didn't commit to exclusivity for the PS3.

I've been following the coverage of E3 and I have to say I'm much more interested in the PS3 now. Nothing special about Sony's conference other than it wasn't loaded with BS. They were just talkin games and I have to say they won me over a bit. This fall looks very good for Sony.
Initially it will be exclusive to the PS3, much like VF5 was. However, you can bet it will be coming to the XBox as well. Just about everything else that used to be exclusive to Sony is.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #29
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
My XBox 360 Elite is where most of my game playing is done. Just got through beating Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I can't get Silver Surfer though. How the hell do I get him?
Silver Surfer: defeat all sim discs with at least a bronze
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #30
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Looking at E3 stuff this year has made me wanna wait even longer for a PS3. Anything worth having (that isn't coming out for the 360) isn't out until next year (GT5, Little Big Planet, MSG4 (depending on how long we have have to wait for a 360 version)).

I am much more looking forward to what the xbox has to offer before xmas (assasins creed looks awesome, as does PGR4!)

I can't wait!!!
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote