Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-22-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
snappahead
Producer
Producer

The best Fall line up in history

Man. This line up of games for the Fall/ Holiday season has to be the greatest list in the history of gaming. If you've got a 360 or PS3 or both, there's a tidal wave of games coming at you that's unlike anything I can remember. This to me is the first true "next gen" fall season and it's going to be a doozy. I'm going broke just thinking about it. Let's go down the list a bit.

Halo 3
Call of Duty 4 (My personal fav!)
Lair
Bioshock
Metroid Prime 3(Wii's got good stuff too)
Mass Effect
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted
Blue Dragon
Blacksite Area 51
Stranglehold (looks way cooler than I thought)
GTA IV
Assassins Creed
Brothers in Arms
Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Warhawk
Half Life 2 Orange Box
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Skate
Timeshift
Mercenaries 2
Army of Two
Kane and Lynch
Unreal Tournament 3
And the list goes on......

When I look at this list I know that there's going to be at least 4 or 5 that don't come out when theyr'e suppose to, but even still....what a season! It's a great time to be a FPS and shooter fan This list is Basically August through December. Almost every major title that the current consoles have in there arsenal will be unleashed in the span of 4 and a half months.

The only major titles that won't make it are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 for the PS3 and Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4. I'm sure there's more, but it's still a crazy list of releases. It's a great (and horrible) time to be a gamer.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
snappahead
Producer
Producer

This isn't even counting the downloadable games that'll no doubt bombard XBOX Live, Wii console and Playstation Store. Oy!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:03 AM   #3
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Yeah some big titles coming out. I only wish they would spread them more. June-july and the bigger part of august are alway lame months. I know it's marketing, with the hollidays gamers buy less games but still, if they would at least release one big title every month it would probably sell more than when it's released the same month as 5 other big titles.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Yeah some big titles coming out. I only wish they would spread them more. June-july and the bigger part of august are alway lame months. I know it's marketing, with the hollidays gamers buy less games but still, if they would at least release one big title every month it would probably sell more than when it's released the same month as 5 other big titles.
I totally agree with you on that. I've always been confused by this tactic. Why release your big guns when everyone else is so it can get lost in the crowd when you could release it in summer when there's little to no competition and the gamers are starving for good games? Nveer made much sense to me. But there's SO many games coming out this fall that it'll take until summer to play them all so i guess it could be worse hehe. It's win/win this year I suppose.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

HALO 3
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
Wayne Industries
Blue Falcon

Halo 3, Lair, and Assassin's Creed are my top three from that list...it's a gonna be an expensive fall season for gamers.
Wayne Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

Halo 3, GTA 4, mario galaxy, smash bros, guitar hero/ rockband. i gotta start saving
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #8
scott
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00 View Post
HALO 3
I'am thinking that too.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I WAS really siked about Halo 3 but now I'm just looking forward to playing it and that's about it. The online is full of tools (the kid to adult ratio blows in Halo)and the campaign was a disappointment last time, so I don't know. Call of Duty 4 has me pumped. So does Uncharted and Assassans Creed. Brothers in Arms has been a great series and I think the new one's gonna be sweet and Stranglehold is looking like a blast.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

I'm also lookin forward to call of duty 4 as well
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote