Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #31
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

For most of us it's the love of the subject matter, and there's no best answer to that. I loved the Batman tv series growin up so when Tweeterhead announced a line of statues for that property I was all in. Is it the best statue line out there no, but for me it's Awsome to have. If your looking for impressive art I'd suggest a Pollick, a Vango or Rembrandt. Pepole not in the know would be more impressed if that's what your going for, my wife says oh look a anther hero statue. Her friend says I collect " those superhero toy stuff" point is the general public won't get the significance of the statues, so it's really all about your passions that drive people in this hobby.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #32
Primus

Personally I would have to say that the best statue out there is the one you smile at every time you walk past, and get the warm fuzzy feelings inside.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #33
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygfamily21 View Post
so far only one person gave me a decent answer and rest was full of advice. lol all i asked for was a simple answer lol
Ok go buy the lifesize Han in carbonite by Sideshow. That is the best statue to start off with.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #34
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
hello guys.
im new to collecting and dont have much knowledge. i want to know what would be the best 5 statue (any company including xm ss etc) money can buy atm? your help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm only making my list based on your post and have not read anybody else's comments. My list is made of up all statues I have seen over the years, regardless of company, release date, or scale. This list is really just based on what I feel are some of the best interpretations of the character.

SS Original Spider-Man Comiquette -- to me, still the perfect depiction of that character

XM Venom -- again, perfect depiction of the character

SS Storm Premium Format -- flawless paint apps, tons of change-out options, wonderful version of Ororo

PCS Chun Li Alpha Suit 1:3 -- stunning

SS Thanos on Throne -- if you love Thanos, I can't see how this piece goes wrong. It looks amazeballs.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:01 PM   #35
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Wow, you guys can be ruthless. Sometimes, you just need a pointer of where to look first. Not quite the welcoming party for first impressions, huh?
There's nothing wrong w being introduced to some nice art. Not because they are what's popular, but because they are actually pieces of work. If I had been pointed in the right direction at first, I would have saved some time and money. Not because I didn't like what I got, but because I'd rather have gotten what I know now I like after being aware of most of whats out there. Maybe I'd be one or two high end pieces ahead, maybe paid less because it was further back ago, so it could also be cost saving. But I didn't have the foresight to pose the questions to all the nice folks over here (excuse my generalizing, most of you are quite helpful).
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #36
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
so far only one person gave me a decent answer and rest was full of advice. lol all i asked for was a simple answer lol
Do your own legwork. Look at galleries of collections and videos of released statues.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #37
Y3E
Gen 13

Don't buy from eBay. Join the buy, sell, trade groups on Facebook. Much better deals there.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #38
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
For most of us it's the love of the subject matter, and there's no best answer to that. I loved the Batman tv series growin up so when Tweeterhead announced a line of statues for that property I was all in. Is it the best statue line out there no, but for me it's Awsome to have. If your looking for impressive art I'd suggest a Pollick, a Vango or Rembrandt. Pepole not in the know would be more impressed if that's what your going for, my wife says oh look a anther hero statue. Her friend says I collect " those superhero toy stuff" point is the general public won't get the significance of the statues, so it's really all about your passions that drive people in this hobby.
I think Primus nailed it on the head. I prefer Bowen statues because it perfectly captures the heroes I love in the time period I read comics the most. No matter how great the Thanos on a throne statue is if you have no interest in Thanos then why buy it.

Give me your favorite characters and I can tell you the statues I like the best but still its all interpretation.

PS I also perfer 1/6 over 1/4 which are too big for me to display.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #39
ygfamily21

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
If you come to this forum asking for advice on what particular statues to collect, you clearly are in the wrong hobby.

Most of us are this hobby because we like the art form and how they represent the characters we actually like.

You should know what characters you'd like to collect before even considering this hobby.
i asked whats known as best of best. simple as that. didnt even say what should i collect or etc. it was just a simple question out of curiosity. idk why some ppl having hard time to understand a simple question.
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #40
ygfamily21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
Wow, you guys can be ruthless. Sometimes, you just need a pointer of where to look first. Not quite the welcoming party for first impressions, huh?
There's nothing wrong w being introduced to some nice art. Not because they are what's popular, but because they are actually pieces of work. If I had been pointed in the right direction at first, I would have saved some time and money. Not because I didn't like what I got, but because I'd rather have gotten what I know now I like after being aware of most of whats out there. Maybe I'd be one or two high end pieces ahead, maybe paid less because it was further back ago, so it could also be cost saving. But I didn't have the foresight to pose the questions to all the nice folks over here (excuse my generalizing, most of you are quite helpful).
thank you lol.
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote