Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #771
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

With a 1000+ combined ES, it may be a while before they sell out.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #772
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah, he may be an A lister, but shortly after the "ultimate" 1/3 versions shipped, I think some people, like myself, feel less compelled by a smaller version of the character. No urgency to buy with a run of that size.

I think he looks great and no one here should feel the need to defend their choice to PO now. It's just that being in the game this long, you learn to prioritize companies and specific statues based on getting the most out of your money. Buy now or buy later.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #773
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
I don't flip nor care about flippers. As a collector, why hype myself and pay in full on PO day when I can wait til after release and pick it up at the same price, or even less? I learned and stopped being a sucker.
It seems you are bitter about somethin. Can't put my finger on it. If you were looking for a long sought statue and you didn't get it at launch then why the heck not? I'm all for idiots defaulting. Because maybe I'm looking for older collections that was not in my radar since I'm a new collector.

Screw paying these idiots on eBay. Then we are in agreement. :-)
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #774
Adon

For me, I really had to dig deep to find an evil Ryu, guess what just recently I found an availability. It was sold out for months. Just snatched one from their new website. Before they told me it was sold out. Sucks that so many vultures try to ruin it for us for their petty gains on eBay. They want 150 dollars to transfer the ownership. Greedy as ----!
Old 07-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #775
Adon

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
With a 1000+ combined ES, it may be a while before they sell out.
Exactly. That's why I made the decision to wait until all the website crash at initial launch is over. I made a smooth buy just now.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #776
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would have gotten him, but I am holding out for the taunt stance.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #777
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
For me, I really had to dig deep to find an evil Ryu, guess what just recently I found an availability. It was sold out for months. Just snatched one from their new website. Before they told me it was sold out. Sucks that so many vultures try to ruin it for us for their petty gains on eBay. They want 150 dollars to transfer the ownership. Greedy as ----!
$110 for Deposit, $150 for a sold out item at the time on eBay, am I missing something? There is Fees that's associated I'm assuming..
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #778
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasrosas212 View Post
$110 for Deposit, $150 for a sold out item at the time on eBay, am I missing something? There is Fees that's associated I'm assuming..
Of course there are fees, 20% to be exact - 10 to ebay, 10 to paypal Many buyers do not understand this. Shipping has tripled since 2008.

It's cute that some newbie collectors feel entitled to getting statues at "cost" for long sold out POs.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #779
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Seeing the Ryu exclusives selling for $250 in the newsletter kind of stung, I'm pretty sure they sold out before too? I think having open or high ES for the regular has taken it's toll on any aftermarket potential for the multiple exclusives, especially considering SF is kind of a niche license(compared to Marvel, DC) in a niche market.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #780
Adon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasrosas212 View Post
I just checked eBay for evil ryu and it is anywhere between 150 to 650 dollars!! Just to transfer.

Last edited by Adon; 07-25-2017 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Clarity