Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #71
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
That's a dangerous bet. I imagine quite a few people were banking on nabbing 1:1 Anubis for less. Now they're SoL.

I think the run will be more like 200. It heavily depends. It may well be cancelled if pre-orders aren't there. I imagine no less than 100. Realistically it needs to be what? 150? 200? I'm not sure what CC's cut off mark is for green lit except that something like 50 POs probably won't be enough to go into production.

As long as enough people want to buy it, they'll all do the math and realize the deal is $600 per, basically half of a 1:1. Seems fair. Maybe since both are up for PO right now it will mean more sales. Anubis suffered greatly until Horus sell out caused it to sell out, too ._.

But seriously, if this somehow misses production I think I might slit my wrists....not really, but the rage would be real.
You bring up some really good points. At the end of the day I just want these to get made. Part of why I love Chronicle is they take on projects no other company would. Thanks for the input, I just bought both! Now I am going to bust my ass and spread the word on these to ensure they get made.
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:23 AM   #72
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
These will definitely be a rarity. Stargate isn't (and i mean the utmost respect to it when i say this) an A-list franchise, nor is it one people go out of their way to get the license for. However, the fanbase is real and dedicated. I think Chronicle chose wisely when acquiring this license because of that niche fanbase. This isn't Marvel, this isn't Alien and it sure as hell isn't Star Wars, so the notion there will be other options anytime soon is misguided. These are beautiful pieces and people will wish they snatched them up when they can't get them anymore.
So true, I hope they continue to bring out new items from the movie, but if these don't sell, they might face pressure to ditch further projects. I was really hoping they would reproduce that huge wall piece that Paul showed a while ago. As a huge Stargate fan, I don't mind paying for unique "take your breath away" type prop replicas.
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #73
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkknight77 View Post
So true, I hope they continue to bring out new items from the movie, but if these don't sell, they might face pressure to ditch further projects. I was really hoping they would reproduce that huge wall piece that Paul showed a while ago. As a huge Stargate fan, I don't mind paying for unique "take your breath away" type prop replicas.
I think these are so unique that they will continue the series.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #74
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkknight77 View Post
If you haven't, check out their video from yesterday. Clay appeared with his stargate prop collection which was rather impressive in my book. His pieces were and are being used to bring us SG product. That wall piece was among the items shown. He even has Ra's ship, used in the scenes where we see it transforming when landing and taking off
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:27 AM   #75
Fremen
Birds of Prey

It's a different wall piece he's talking about. One with Horus and Anubis in it. Just like you would find dinosaur bones fossilized in stone. It's a really cool looking piece.
I think they mentioned once they were going to do a half scale of it.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #76
Enforcer

Ah, yeah. Now I recall. I think I remember that scene in the movie but it's something like a director's cut or special edition.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #77
StuC
Doh!

I uhhmed and ahhhed over these for a few days as the price really is a lot. Yes they light up, but how many people will actually have them lit very often? It's a cool feature sure, but surely better to have them without the light up feature and bring them in at a better price point, they're not 'that' big really.

In the end I decided to bite in case I regretted it and got a shipping quote, and that frankly was the last nail in the coffin for these. Shipping to me in the UK was $120 PER BUST.

That's $240 shipping for the two. I order from the states all the time, and I appreciate these are more expensive and heavy, but jeez $240 dollars? That's absolutely crazy, it pushes the price to nigh on $1,500.

That's not even factoring in the customs and import charge which will add a further $300 on to the price.

So whilst I love these, just no way I can justify spending $1,800 on them.

I may just pick up Ra if he ever gets made, but the high price and extrortionate shipping is pushing these out of reach for many of us.
StuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #78
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If anyone else saw the video yesterday what did you think of the 1:2 scale anubis vs the actual prop in terms of paint job?

Was the aim to get the production pieces looking exactly the same as the props (assuming the props' colour hasn't altered over time)?

They just seem to look pretty different to me e..g anubis (following pics are screen captures from the video + a marketing pic of the 1:1 scale which I bought and which looks a lot closer to the prop).

Or did I miss something in the chat? Could well have done as I had to turn it down to avoid waking my little ones up!

that aside these look awesome as expected.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #79
Enforcer

Pretty sure that one just wasn't finished, or possibly camera/lighting. I'm sure it's painted copper-ish for base coat.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #80
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

These bust are so cool.
I won't be able to order them right now.
I need to wait a few weeks to dig enough cash.
So much on order with the Robocop 1/2 bust, female T-rex bust, Cain head life size replica.
Orus and Anubis will certainly be my last pieces for this year.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote