Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #81
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
lol i am quite sure the black ex is basically the statue forum exclusive
Nope. Had it been a TRUE statueforum.com exclusive, statueforum.com members would have first dibs on the pre-order. Besides, Jerry already said is a PCSC ex.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #82
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Imo the EX should be more than a color pallet swap. Aside from Akuma, no piece has held its value or gained value that has only had a costume color shange as the EX. Guile and Bison are the 2 best examples and I think Chun Li will be the next. Ken had a COH, Ryu Had a COH and color swap, Cammy had a whole new outfit and color swap, Vega had a COH even the green variant had a COH, Zangief was almost like 2 different pieces which made the regular very rare. People believe it was the ES that keeps the Guiles and Bisons in stock but I believe its the lack of difference between the sculpts that no one has much interest in owning the exact same statue with different color clothing on. I think Chun Li is going to fall into this category with such a lack luster exclusive. I got burned buying the Guile and Bison exclusives thinking they would hold some value, but will not be getting more than 1 Chun Li when it goes up for preorder.Jerry needs to take it back to the old school and give us an exclusive with some thought behind it and not a lazy color pallette swap.
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #83
premium_substit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel View Post
Imo the EX should be more than a color pallet swap. Aside from Akuma, no piece has held its value or gained value that has only had a costume color shange as the EX. Guile and Bison are the 2 best examples and I think Chun Li will be the next. Ken had a COH, Ryu Had a COH and color swap, Cammy had a whole new outfit and color swap, Vega had a COH even the green variant had a COH, Zangief was almost like 2 different pieces which made the regular very rare. People believe it was the ES that keeps the Guiles and Bisons in stock but I believe its the lack of difference between the sculpts that no one has much interest in owning the exact same statue with different color clothing on. I think Chun Li is going to fall into this category with such a lack luster exclusive. I got burned buying the Guile and Bison exclusives thinking they would hold some value, but will not be getting more than 1 Chun Li when it goes up for preorder.Jerry needs to take it back to the old school and give us an exclusive with some thought behind it and not a lazy color pallette swap.
I think you've made some great points JetFuel.. I feel the same way.. up to the point where you've called the color palletes "lazy" that is .. I'm sure there was more artistic direction/thought than that.. but I get what you mean, all the points you mentioned on the other EX's apart form Bison and Guile added strength to the EX, the originals, and the line as a whole.. of course, it is too late for Chun-Li, Jerry has already gone too far with the planning to back and do a different EX now.. but he's heard us and we are getting an Alpha later on.. but don't worry, she is a popular gal and I believe all colours will hold their value (especially original in this case IMO).. Anyways as i say I agree with alot of your points, and all that can be done is it taken into consideration for future releases.. I would like to start seeing the Sideshow EX with things such as COH again, not just color swap, love me some extras (which also add great dynamic to a statue as well as collectability)
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #84
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We are sticking with red.
Praise Jesus.... I was thinking about this all day at work...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #85
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Only if I make the list
Do it Jerry. Lets milk this girls utters dry
Where's the poll?
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #86
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
I think you've made some great points JetFuel.. I feel the same way.. up to the point where you've called the color palletes "lazy" that is .. I'm sure there was more artistic direction/thought than that.. but I get what you mean, all the points you mentioned on the other EX's apart form Bison and Guile added strength to the EX, the originals, and the line as a whole.. of course, it is too late for Chun-Li, Jerry has already gone too far with the planning to back and do a different EX now.. but he's heard us and we are getting an Alpha later on.. but don't worry, she is a popular gal and I believe all colours will hold their value (especially original in this case IMO).. Anyways as i say I agree with alot of your points, and all that can be done is it taken into consideration for future releases.. I would like to start seeing the Sideshow EX with things such as COH again, not just color swap, love me some extras (which also add great dynamic to a statue as well as collectability)
Thanks for seeing my point on some things. I didnt mean the Term "lazy" to imply that Jerry is a lazy guy when it comes to these statues cause I know that is quite the opposite. I just meant it as a easy choice for an EX with no extra creative thought behind it.
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #87
THE_BEAST

link to poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Where's the poll?
Ask and you shall receive

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=121149
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #88
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We are sticking with red.

Well let say that the red is fine too
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #89
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Pink is way better
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote