Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #231
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
Well I do disagree with this. If Ryu's costume was changed then yes, it would definetely affect my outlook on his character. His design is reflective of his character, a simple travelling warrior. Character design is very important for keeping them timeless. If the MK team were to redesign the costumes for SF then Ken would have tatooes all over his body with diamond stud earings... it's just unecessary IMO. Scorpion and Sub-Zero were ninja's from rivalling clans, and they LOOKED like ninjas. Now they look like a couple guys trying to have an extreme fashion contest.

The MK team always feels the need to add massive amounts of belt buckels, shoulder pads, tatooes etc. The masks look like gas masks, reptile looks like a sadist in pleather bondage... which are unnecesary and tacky. The new desings for the women of MK makes them look like strippers, which is just plain distasteful.

I've been an MK fan all my life, and play the games religiously, but every game post MK3 (even a little in MK3) always bothered me in regards to character design.

MK keeps it "fresh", but SF keeps it timeless.
Once again, it seems my point is missed. What is it that is most iconic about SF characters and MK characters?

Here is a factual statement! It sure as hell aint the gear!

IT IS THE MOVES OF CHARACTERS IN THE FIGHTING GAME!

Get over here! Shoryuken! Sonic Boom! Yoga Flame! Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but SF costumes are not why I played SF to begin with! Sorry it was the moves. NOT THE GEAR!

I HOPE I MADE MY POINT CLEAR!!
MOVES ARE WHAT MAKE SF AND MK CHARACTERS ICONIC!

Big difference if we are talking about Superman and Batman or Thor! Now we can start talking about clothes and designs! Superman is iconic because of his S and red and blue gear plus his ability to fly! Batman is iconic due to his bat symbol and his suit! Thor is iconic because of his hammer Mjolnir and the fact he is a god.

Some things are iconic because of their gear! SF and MK are not iconic because of their gear! Last I heard, people play MK because they have cool special moves and has a pretty damn good fighting system now.

Sorry dude, I don't play SF and MK to look at their clothes! And if I do pay attention to clothes, I pay more attention to MK as the designs are quite fascinating! SF to me is dull! JMO!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #232
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Once again, it seems my point is missed. What is it that is most iconic about SF characters and MK characters?

Here is a factual statement! It sure as hell aint the gear!

IT IS THE MOVES OF CHARACTERS IN THE FIGHTING GAME!

Get over here! Shoryuken! Sonic Boom! Yoga Flame! Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but SF costumes are not why I played SF to begin with! Sorry it was the moves. NOT THE GEAR!

I HOPE I MADE MY POINT CLEAR!!
MOVES ARE WHAT MAKE SF AND MK CHARACTERS ICONIC!

Big difference if we are talking about Superman and Batman or Thor! Now we can start talking about clothes and designs! Superman is iconic because of his S and red and blue gear plus his ability to fly! Batman is iconic due to his bat symbol and his suit! Thor is iconic because of his hammer Mjolnir and the fact he is a god.

Some things are iconic because of their gear! SF and MK are not iconic because of their gear! Last I heard, people play MK because they have cool special moves and has a pretty damn good fighting system now.

Sorry dude, I don't play SF and MK to look at their clothes! And if I do pay attention to clothes, I pay more attention to MK as the designs are quite fascinating! SF to me is dull! JMO!
Ryu is iconic for his red head band, Guile is iconic for his hair and army gear, Bison is iconic for his red suit and hat.

But hey man, seems we're both missing each other's points. We'll let this one rest. Good bout though dude.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #233
A2G
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Like I said, I will put money on it that the Klassic line sells better than the MK9 one.
i still think it was the pose and base.......if base was like syco's (which wasn't approved for Jerry), and the pose was a bit more upright showing chest design, clothes were yellower, and the ex skull was better designed.......it would have sold as quick as a klassic version
A2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #234
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2G View Post
i still think it was the pose and base.......if base was like syco's (which wasn't approved for Jerry), and the pose was a bit more upright showing chest design, clothes were yellower, and the ex skull was better designed.......it would have sold as quick as a klassic version
this pose IS scorpion!!!are you kidding me? GET OVER HERE!! is Synonymous with the character ,this sculpt scream's scorpion!!!

I can understand the whining over the Ex head but the pose?? Cmon!!!

of course that is your op A2G ,but it just boggles my mind that people are complaining about the pose.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #235
Vracula
Jedi Order

and another thing ....YES THIS ISN'T THE CLASSIC COSTUME GET OVER IT!!!
Effin hell!!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #236
A2G
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
this pose IS scorpion!!!are you kidding me? GET OVER HERE!! is Synonymous with the character ,this sculpt scream's scorpion!!!

I can understand the whining over the Ex head but the pose?? Cmon!!!

of course that is your op A2G ,but it just boggles my mind that people are complaining about the pose.

Yep, im saying maybe not crouching....maybe like this pose, upright.....i ordered mine long ago, but im giving reaosn why it hasnt sold out yet!....
A2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #237
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2G View Post
Yep, im saying maybe not crouching....maybe like this pose, upright.....i ordered mine long ago, but im giving reaosn why it hasnt sold out yet!....
hehehe sorry!