Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #41
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Prices are set on what people will pay, if people will pay that much then why wouldn't you sell it for that? The guy wants to make money. Oh and I've been offered £1k for mine (about $1.6k) which I turned down at the time, and that was a straight up offer with no bartering
It's what they're willing to pay on eBay. Don't see how eBay prices do well at Comicons, especially when folks are already paying to be to there.

I mean if he hasn't sold it on eBay by now (where there is global visibility), what makes him thing he'll get that much at a Con? I was there and I couldn't find the damn thing.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #42
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Not at out of the norm vendors bring tons of junk to unload at the con and a few rare expensive items too.

People go to the con to get anything they can wether it be expensive or cheap that they normal can't get or find.

Hell look at NYCC 3 years ago, they had a chrome silver surfer bowen selling for $2100 or so. From what i herd he did sell it around the 1500 mark i think.

i bet he prob did sell it on sunday for a cheaper amount if no one was willing to pay the 1600. if he had to make some cash back from the show like more vendors, prices got slashed big time.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #43
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Prices are set on what people will pay, if people will pay that much then why wouldn't you sell it for that? The guy wants to make money. Oh and I've been offered £1k for mine (about $1.6k) which I turned down at the time, and that was a straight up offer with no bartering
I would have kept it too. I hate I missed out on it so much though. The way you have him posed in your avatar makes me wish I had disposable income to just throw at it. Ryu's custom statue gives it a run for its money as far as looks go but both are equally awesome.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #44
ALIMOE27
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

I went by his stand around 3:30 on sunday, and it was still there. He also had an Optimus Prime
ALIMOE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #45
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

He wanted 2 grand for the Regular Optimus. The Ryu was there till the bitter end!
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #46
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
He wanted 2 grand for the Regular Optimus. The Ryu was there till the bitter end!
Of course it was...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote