Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 01-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Ohio State Buckeyes

Well, it was a hard fought game but I think the Buckeyes more than showed that they deserved to be in that championship game. I got a little sick of ESPN pretty much only talking about Alabama the whole night. Didn't matter who had the ball or what the score was, all they would talk about is Alabama and how they always come back and blah blah blah. I am sure it has nothing to do with the financial relationship between the SEC and ESPN. Give the Big10 some credit.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #2
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I am with you Steve. I am so tired of the SEC bias that prevails today, especially within ESPN. Combine that with ESPNs growing penchant for more and more TMZ-like stories has them becoming less about sports and more about the off-field stuff.

I really hope that the SEC bias is over after this year. By my count, 4 SEC teams that were ranked #1 or 2 nationally this year lost their bowl games. Why were these teams ranked so high? A) because they are in the SEC and B) because they beat a highly ranked team from the SEC.

Bama - beaten after being spotted a 21-6 lead against a Big 10 team playing their 3rd string QB

Ole Miss - BLOWN out 42-3 by a Big 12 team

Miss St - dominated by an ACC team

Auburn - beaten by a Big 10 team

Stepping off soapbox now

GO BUCKS!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
adee
Green Arrow

I was shocked the Buckeyes won that game. It's a big win.

I give them no shot vs the Ducks though.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I despise OSU with every cell in my body. I am from Michigan. I a Michigan fan. Will be til the day I die.

That being said, the B1G is not that great these days but people need to give credit where credit is due -- B1G teams won their bowl games! And OSU showed how they can win with a 4th string QB. That's something. However I can't tell a lie, I will be a happy lil Wolverine when OSU loses another national championship game.

I was also very pleased to see FSU get SCHALCKED in the Rose Bowl. They were overrated from the start. I have a friend who is a huge FSU fan and smacked talked all year. However she was REALLY quiet all week leading up to the game and during it. I think it's because she knew her squad was going to lose. And when I made a joke on FB about "loving this Rose Bowl game" she went off saying that talking trash isn't allowed if I didn't go either of the schools yadda yadda.

I just told her that calling a spade a spade isn't trash talking (mind you I had said the same thing all year).

The way that fans get on a soap box is annoying, especially if they are hypocrits. And the way TV stations pander to conferences is disgusting. I rarely watch SportsCenter anymore because it's not about sports. However I find that talk radio is pretty pollution free.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Ugh, that team up north eh?

I despise UM with every cell in my body. I am from Columbus. I am a Buckeye fan. Will be til the day I die. My son and I were going crazy last night!

That being said, I wholeheartedly respect the rivalry - the best in sports IMHO. Landing Harbaugh is HUGE for your team - he will bring them (and hopefully the B1G) back into the national spotlight and very quickly IMO.

Slow your roll a little on the NC game ... bama was supposed to be the best team out there and we handled them OK after starting slow. We will score on the Ducks and our defense has been getting better all year. Should be a high scoring game and hopefully one that is fun to watch.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Same as JG: I despise UM with every cell in my body. I am from Ohio and went to OSU. I am a Buckeye fan. Will be til the day I die.

That being said, if OSU was not in the championship game and it was another Big10 team, even if it was UM, I would still be routing for the Big10 team to win just so a Big10 team can win. Always support the conference.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:49 PM   #7
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:50 PM   #8
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Ugh, that team up north eh?

I despise UM with every cell in my body. I am from Columbus. I am a Buckeye fan. Will be til the day I die. My son and I were going crazy last night!

That being said, I wholeheartedly respect the rivalry - the best in sports IMHO. Landing Harbaugh is HUGE for your team - he will bring them (and hopefully the B1G) back into the national spotlight and very quickly IMO.

Slow your roll a little on the NC game ... bama was supposed to be the best team out there and we handled them OK after starting slow. We will score on the Ducks and our defense has been getting better all year. Should be a high scoring game and hopefully one that is fun to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Same as JG: I despise UM with every cell in my body. I am from Ohio and went to OSU. I am a Buckeye fan. Will be til the day I die.

That being said, if OSU was not in the championship game and it was another Big10 team, even if it was UM, I would still be routing for the Big10 team to win just so a Big10 team can win. Always support the conference.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #9
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I am clearly outnumbered but you know that's never stopped this rivalry Can't wait til the rivalry is great again, it's been far too long. Hope Nov 28th brings a good showing from Big Blue.

And I would usually support the conference....very begrudgingly and still I'd find pleasure in a OSU loss.....but my boyfriend loves the Ducks and lived in Oregon so I have vested interested and not just rooting on hate this time around.

I'd just like a good game! But good luck to your team, guys.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #10
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

---- Michigan
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote