Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #271
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister S. View Post
This sabretooth looks great. Let’s be honest!
Yeah it does. Reminds me of an old marvel masterpiece or flair card. Probably flair.. don’t even remember if that’s the right name since it’s been so long
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #272
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Did you grab his Bunz?
I really think if this sabertooth punched the prime 1 doomsday right in the balls it wouldn’t even hurt him. That’s what you get for your $1600
I think I would let someone punch me in the balls for $1600 even if it hurt...................................................them.

Sabretooth is cool though for the rest of you trying to get back on track.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #273
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Yeah it does. Reminds me of an old marvel masterpiece or flair card. Probably flair.. don’t even remember if that’s the right name since it’s been so long
There was Flair and also Fleer Ultra. Cards were great.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:43 PM   #274
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
The base is a huge, uninspired, overdone, boring mess of a design, which does not achieve the effect they were going for, and takes up way too much space for absolutely no reason.
Are massive and overdone bases the literal reason Prime 1's pieces are on another level?
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #275
Biggunz
Loki

Yeah those fleer ultras were tight, but expansive. It was like $4 a pack back then.

Yeah divo is tripping. He gots those blinders on
I understand if you got a whole collection of sideshow statues, but you still got to be honest with yourself
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #276
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Did you grab his Bunz?
I really think if this sabertooth punched the prime 1 doomsday right in the balls it wouldn’t even hurt him. That’s what you get for your $1600

Biggunz, I finally get it! You’re an arse,........................................................and a balls man. Well, congrats man, it takes real courage to come out of the closet like that. With your consistently crude references to nuts and butts, should have realized sooner.

As for Doomsday not feeling anything with a punch to the nuts? How could he(?), this P1 Doomsday sculpt has no soul. And why would the SS Sabretooth want to get crude, cheap paint apps under his sublimely sculpted fingers and claws?

And way better value for $1600.00 could/should have been any of the following; P1 Ivy, Deathstroke, Bats who laughs, Dog alien, Scorpion alien, Lobo,.........etc. All seem to be better sculpted, better designs, better details, better bases, better paint apps. But Doomsday, for the quality offered, is grossly overpriced, and I don’t give a shat on how much he weighs. Ridiculous.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #277
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This is his real weapon

Dems is some serious buns. Great sculpt

With this sculpt, the more you look, the more you see. Even with these side and back pics, where the portraits are not even visible, the sculpt still grabs, and holds your attention. From the hypnotic interplay, and movement of those beautifully designed elbow spikes, to those wickedly splayed fingers and claws, the vibe is menace and mayhem to follow. Just a great f#cking sculpt! When in hand, we will be spinning this magnificent savage round and round for a very long time.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #278
craigcliff1
Zot

Did like him on the cartoon, but not a big fan, but this statue is super awesome. SSC did an awesome job on this one and cheap these days
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:17 PM   #279
Divo

Did SS just jack-up the price on this thing? Thought it was initially at $625.00, now shows at $839.88. Can this actually be true, or just some computer glitch?
Old 07-06-2019, 11:35 PM   #280
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Still $625 for me.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote