Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #171
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
I was gonna say too. The heck happened here???
Someone comes in, says something people didn't like ... mistermark started his XM Enthusiast dance... that is basically it... lol

Quote:
Back to your normal program!!!!

I REALLY want to see the helmeted head on this. I am trying to figure it out, but something seems off. I could be wrong though. The head without the helmet is

Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #172
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Is this the XM Studios Thanos thread? lol.
I agree. Just like the SS section should not go on and on about XM, I think the XM section should not go on and on about SS.

Or at least create a separate thread and leave this thread to discuss this wonderful statue.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #173
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The reason XM's ES are so low is their market is limited to the Far East. Technically these should not be available in Europe and US.
Sometimes I chuckle thinking how amusing that the table has been turned now. For the longest time collectors in the west have been enjoying everything from exclusives and low shipping to ebay auctions that shun Asians like the plague. Mention Asia and people automatically think recast or scam.

How you like them apples now, son?

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #174
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I agree. Just like the SS section should not go on and on about XM, I think the XM section should not go on and on about SS.

Or at least create a separate thread and leave this thread to discuss this wonderful statue.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #175
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post

Best to keep it in the XM vs SS thread in the General Statue Forum... It's kind of fun too Besides I don't want to rain on anybody's excitement on whatever statue they buy so I've decided to keep all my criticism in that thread.. I figure if someone goes in there and gets their feelings hurt it's their own fault
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #176
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Back to your normal program!!!!

This thing is going to look epic with XM's painting job! Do you guys think this will be close to Apoc's or Galactus size tall?? I sure hope so would be even more menacing….

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #177
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Best to keep it in the XM vs SS thread in the General Statue Forum... It's kind of fun too Besides I don't want to rain on anybody's excitement on whatever statue they buy so I've decided to keep all my criticism in that thread.. I figure if someone goes in there and gets their feelings hurt it's their own fault
I don't think it should be a VS thing though... Great art is great art, and both companies produce a crap load of it. There is stuff to love about both.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #178
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
LOL you just said it. And Spider-Man is exactly the big guy Im waiting for. Saving those pennies now. Hopefully he trumps the Sideshow Comiquette from 2010. Cannot wait
That won't be an easy thing to do. Maybe in QC and paints...absolutely! But I think that Spiderman Comiquette is the best I have seen in 1/4 thus far! I used to own it (hell I used to own almost everything from SS at one point in time.) and it was highly impressive. He was a little too big in relation to other 1/4 characters....but impressive nonetheless.

Not derailing the thread...I just wanted to point that out.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #179
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by law1349 View Post

It's so easy to get people worked up on this forum. You guys really need to chill and understand people don't have the same opinions. I wasn't bashing anything.

1. I never said it took no talent to digitally sculpt. I realize it's a tool. I sculpt traditionally and love it. I've sculpted digitally as well, but just don't like it as much. So IMO (which I clearly stated before), traditional sculpts are better. Just as I prefer traditional paintings over digital. But maybe I should clarify that it's mostly the super smooth finish of the 3D printing that kind of turns me off. I like to look at a statue and try to see the sculptor's process. I can't do that with digital.

2. The money. I don't care who wants to spend $800+ on a statue. That's your business. I'm just stating that everyone is always complaining about prices. If you think because I compared them to SS, that I prefer SS, you're wrong. The only thing SS has the keeps me around is the COTD line. SS is overpriced for the quality you receive no doubt. I understand XM is giving you all these switch out options (which look great boxed up in my attic), but we're still talking $800 for 1/4 scale. Save your switch out heads and crap, and save people some money. It gives people different display options, but if they never made them, we wouldn't miss them.

So either way, I've said my peace. I don't see why all of you lost your mind over an opinion. Whatever. Thats why I don't post much here. Way too much drama.
Ok see bro...that's all you had to say!!

As far as options...you as well as others have the impression the extras are adding on to the price of the statues and that simply is not true. That is a big presumption. How is it that Captain American and Black Widow have tons of options, but Hulk only has 1 switch out head? The packages are still huge. Captain America is a huge package. Now if you look at it like that....you might have a different perspective.

And another thing....I guess you can say XM statues cost $800...but that is in other territories outside of the four XM can't sell directly to. If you were in the four territories, you can get the statues for $500 - $600 and for tons of extras, high quality mats (solid not eggshell thin), primo QC, solid packaging, and in IMO the best AD in the business right now.....that's what makes a collectible PREMIUM.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #180
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
This thing is going to look epic with XM's painting job! Do you guys think this will be close to Apoc's or Galactus size tall?? I sure hope so would be even more menacing….

Sarah
This looks to be about 22"- 24" without the base, who knows how many inches the base will add. One thing for certain, he will be a big boy.
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote