Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-22-2014, 03:32 AM   #161
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/ask-...an-qanda-part2

check at the bottom the last Q&A..

So what’s next, now that Wonder Woman is finished?

David Igo: There’s a variant edition we are considering for her, I think people won’t expect at all, to go with a new three piece series. I’ll just go ahead and let that sink in a bit, but expect to hear more about it next year…
Wonder Woman ES 6000 ???
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #162
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Hahah YET

I wouldn't mind a Wolverine brown suit variant but id rather just have a complete different design and sculpt for the brown suit version…. But i agree RM and don't think XM will do this anytime soon as they will do many other statues for the first time before doing any variants or at least i hope…

Sarah
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
They have already said that they will do characters in different costumes (a brown Wolverine is pretty much confirmed), but they will never be a variant. They will be an entirely new sculpt.

Yeah the brown was suppose to be an entirely new Sculp, but to my knowledge is on hold just like every other XMen character. Heck they might get around that is they literally did a repaint/Varient of the current sculpt since it has already been approved, but I can't see them doing it. It sucks that that might be the only way a brown happens in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
That's why the Spider-Man line scares me!!! I'll be sleeping in my car with my statues sooner than later!
Lol.... Enjoy you XM box house...lol
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #163
law1349
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

It's so easy to get people worked up on this forum. You guys really need to chill and understand people don't have the same opinions. I wasn't bashing anything.

1. I never said it took no talent to digitally sculpt. I realize it's a tool. I sculpt traditionally and love it. I've sculpted digitally as well, but just don't like it as much. So IMO (which I clearly stated before), traditional sculpts are better. Just as I prefer traditional paintings over digital. But maybe I should clarify that it's mostly the super smooth finish of the 3D printing that kind of turns me off. I like to look at a statue and try to see the sculptor's process. I can't do that with digital.

2. The money. I don't care who wants to spend $800+ on a statue. That's your business. I'm just stating that everyone is always complaining about prices. If you think because I compared them to SS, that I prefer SS, you're wrong. The only thing SS has the keeps me around is the COTD line. SS is overpriced for the quality you receive no doubt. I understand XM is giving you all these switch out options (which look great boxed up in my attic), but we're still talking $800 for 1/4 scale. Save your switch out heads and crap, and save people some money. It gives people different display options, but if they never made them, we wouldn't miss them.

So either way, I've said my peace. I don't see why all of you lost your mind over an opinion. Whatever. Thats why I don't post much here. Way too much drama.
law1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #164
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme1982 View Post
Wonder Woman ES 6000 ???
9500 if you combine the EX and the Reg
Old 08-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #165
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

There was 9500 Sauron statues back in the day.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...hive/?sku=9341

Are people seriously suggesting Wonder Woman is not popular enough to warrant such a high ES?

The reason XM's ES are so low is their market is limited to the Far East. Technically these should not be available in Europe and US.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #166
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post

Are people seriously suggesting Wonder Woman is not popular enough to warrant such a high ES?

The reason XM's ES are so low is their market is limited to the Far East. Technically these should not be available in Europe and US.
I don't think there ES size is a function of the market. I would hazard a guess that there are more people, and more rich people in asia than in Europe / the US.

I think they'v said that they are keeping ES low as they a) just don't have the resources to QC anything higher and b) they want to create a 'collectible' market again i.e. where items are limited (I'd say point a) is the more pertinent in their case at the moment though until they get more help in + they dont want to appear to get too big too soon).

But yeah I agree that WW (and particularly that sculpt) is popular enough to warrant a high ES.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #167
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
I don't think there ES size is a function of the market. I would hazard a guess that there are more people, and more rich people in asia than in Europe / the US.

I think they'v said that they are keeping ES low as they a) just don't have the resources to QC anything higher and b) they want to create a 'collectible' market again i.e. where items are limited (I'd say point a) is the more pertinent in their case at the moment though until they get more help in + they dont want to appear to get too big too soon).

But yeah I agree that WW (and particularly that sculpt) is popular enough to warrant a high ES.
Also, by keeping their ES lower they make their statues more appealing to those that ES is a major decision maker. There are some here that have stated, at least as many times as they have that they like the sculpts, that they are also considering these because of the ES. For North American collectors, who lets face it are kind of the golden goose, these are darn pricey, and the AWESOME QUALITY and the lower ES are enough to encourage them to hop on board. It wouldn't matter if the QC was amazing and these pieces were of equal or better quality to what they are now; throw on a 5000 ES and I can guarantee a lot of guys here would walk. XM has their ---- figured out. It is a joy to see.

As for the SSC DC Trinity... well they will sell out eventually ... and will they be as rare as say Magneto? Nope, but that won't bother manyh who have them... lol
Old 08-22-2014, 10:35 AM   #168
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Is this the XM Studios Thanos thread? lol.
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #169
toe
Alpha Flight

I was gonna say too. The heck happened here???
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #170
toe
Alpha Flight

Back to your normal program!!!!

toe is offline   Reply With Quote