Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-03-2021, 07:47 PM   #451
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I really hope he fits in with other 1/4 scale pieces. Would love to get him.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:31 PM   #452
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
You think Juggs is small? I have him and he is a Beast!
I think he's fine, but when you see him next to some other 1:4s he looks a little smaller than he was portrayed in the comics. That said, I think his size is fine (TWSS).
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #453
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

I concur with Tony and Sonic. I got Juggernaut last month and a 2D picture doesn't convey how massive Juggernaut is. He is an absolute beast.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:22 AM   #454
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't like the face on that Prime 1 Superman at all...lol
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:34 AM   #455
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Regarding Cap's size/scale(?), though he looks way larger in some promo pics, these have to be "off" for the simple fact that both Widow & Task Master were sculpted to accompany Cap. Hence, proper 1/4 scale?

I don't own Widow nor Task Master, but for those who do, do they fit in with regular 1/4 scale statues? If yes, we're in.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #456
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Regarding Cap's size/scale(?), though he looks way larger in some promo pics, these have to be "off" for the simple fact that both Widow & Task Master were sculpted to accompany Cap. Hence, proper 1/4 scale?

I don't own Widow nor Task Master, but for those who do, do they fit in with regular 1/4 scale statues? If yes, we're in.
Was he though? Seems logical but I?m also looking at the fact Cap and Black Widow are on Hydra themed bases and Taskmaster is in his own environment. Whereas the X-Men designed to accompany each other are all in or around the school somewhere, the previous Spidey PFs were all on buildings or debris with smoke, etc. I?m not sure Taskmaster can be used as a guideline.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:11 AM   #457
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Was he though? Seems logical but I?m also looking at the fact Cap and Black Widow are on Hydra themed bases and Taskmaster is in his own environment. Whereas the X-Men designed to accompany each other are all in or around the school somewhere, the previous Spidey PFs were all on buildings or debris with smoke, etc. I?m not sure Taskmaster can be used as a guideline.
Not suggesting that Taskmaster base was specifically designed to match Cap, but given the character, we can assume he was designed as a counter to any Avengers character, present & future, in 1/4 scale. And since both Cap & TM were both sculpted by Canale, reason would suggest that they were both sculpted in the same scale.

Besides, I've never heard any commentary regarding an "oversized" Cap by any of the presenters/reviewers during the Con. Which would be extremely odd to omit by any who actually witnessed the sculpts in person, given that all 3 characters, (Cap, TM, & Widow), we're all displayed together, on the same podium.

And though I appreciate Sideshow's efforts in grouping base themes for the Xmen line, it has not stopped me from "mixing/matching" various characters in the line, regardless of base. The character sculpt quality/design always trumps the base, (though of course we'd all want consistent continuity & flow).

If the fears of a grossly "oversized" Cap sculpt are proven to be true? That would be some really weird sh!t going on at Sideshow. Or, they are planning an "oversized" classic grouping, (Thor, Ironman, HULK!), a la Spidey, Venom, & Carnage comiquettes from years past?

Hey, I'm hoping for the best, but planning for the rest.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #458
Mister H
Gen 13

Hopefully we will see Thor and Iron Man to go with Cap and BW.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #459
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post

Besides, I've never heard any commentary regarding an "oversized" Cap by any of the presenters/reviewers during the Con. Which would be extremely odd to omit by any who actually witnessed the sculpts in person, given that all 3 characters, (Cap, TM, & Widow), we're all displayed together, on the same podium.
Are you referring to the online comic-con where Cap & Widow were revealed?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #460
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Are you referring to the online comic-con where Cap & Widow were revealed?

Yes.

In certain Con vid shots/footage/panning angles both Cap & Taskmaster seem to be on par scale wise. I could be wrong, but when you factor in the very reasonable price point, which falls inline with recent Sideshow pricing trends(?), a proper 1/4 scale is more likely, so I think we?re good to go.