Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #1721
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
House of Cards S6-4/10 This show should have finished a couple of seasons ago at its peak. Awful unsatisfying ending to what was once a great political drama.
not to spoil anything, but the end was indeed very unsatisfying
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #1722
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The Haunted (6 episode original Netflix series) - Series has potential and the special effects can be very good at times. 7/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #1723
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Daredevil s3 - 10/10

just finished ep. 9 so not even all the way through but its been incredibly enjoyable so far, i cant believe how much fun this show is
I'm just 5 episodes in but that prison fight has to be the most "Daredevil" thing I've ever seen on film. So far, this season is just amazing!
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #1724
protector2814
Phoenix

Daredevil, Season 3 - 9/10 -

The best of the series so far, imo. Netflix just has to get their whole "back-story" sequences under control w/ their Marvel lines. Honestly, these 1/2 hour segments devoted to a minor or major character's back-story can just shut down the whole flow of the show & season 3 has some whoppers.

That being said, Charlie Cox is just perfect as Matt/DD & this season is the best he's ever been, really incorporating a lot more of DD's powers into this performance. No more explanations, we finally get to really see Daredevil just being Daredevil w/ the only thing truly missing is the high-building acrobatics I love in the comic.

Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin in this season is the most wonderful thing the show has to offer us this season & Marvel, if they don't break their stupid rules & roll this actor & character into their cinematic universe, are just fools. Bullseye is used very well here too.

I get it, Ironfist & Cage have been dropped. Jessica Jones kind of works. But, enough .... take this Daredevil & Kingpin & absorb them into the Movie World. Spiderman vs. D'Onofrio's Kingpin would be a jaw-dropping pairing on the big screen & id Cox' DD just happened to drop by, well, I would just go freakin' crazy.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:02 AM   #1725
built2shred
Phoenix

CW's The Outpost - 4/10

Poorly written dialogue, low production values, You could tell they used painted backgrounds on some of their sets... The budget must be really low for this series...

Also if the main character is going to be a bad ass fighting female character at least get an actress that looks like she could do that. Instead they get a 5'2 skinny actress with no muscle tone at all who beats the crap out of full grown men who wear armor... That kind of ruins the illusion... At least get an actresses who is like 5'10 and is semi buff.... Otherwise it's like getting Pee-wee Herman to play Conan...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #1726
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Ozark Season 2:
8/10

If anything comes close to approaching Breaking Bad, it's this show. Hope it hits its stride in the coming seasons.
I just watched season 1, can't wait to begin with season 2!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #1727
Python
Omega Red

Rick and Morty, seasons 1-3

10/10.

I appreciate that this show will not be to everybody's tastes, but I loved it!! It is wonderfully weird and beautifully produced in all areas. I only wish I'd discovered it earlier.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #1728
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Love me some Rick & Morty. I just hate the obsessed people who are such zealots they take the fun out of the show.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #1729
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Love me some Rick & Morty. I just hate the obsessed people who are such zealots they take the fun out of the show.

I have heard of this group, but haven't stumbled across them yet. I guess a lot of shows have this phenomenon and they inevitably always do themselves and the thing they claim to love a disservice. I cannot wait for series 4 which I'm assuming is happening.... It had better be!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #1730
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I cannot wait for series 4 which I'm assuming is happening.... It had better be!
They got renewed for 7 more seasons or something like that.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote