Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-14-2018, 06:29 AM   #361
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Hmmm wonder if they will switch it for me. I feel like the fabric one is way to go for this one.
That’s a clincher for me to order the fabric. Should had been $50 to $100 cheaper though.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #362
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
That’s a clincher for me to order the fabric. Should had been $50 to $100 cheaper though.
Yea I switched over to the fabric one. SS was cool with me switching as a courtesy so no harm no foul.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:57 AM   #363
Exorcist
Hydra

Somebody else also mentioned this on the FB page of Prime1 and that person was being laughed at. But now I am also starting to see it. It seems like the frontside headsculpt of the sculpted cape version hangs lower on every angle ? Is it just the camera position playing tricks or?...…

On the left side the fabric cape, and on the right side the sculpted cape version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	H1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	118673

Name:	H2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	118674

Name:	H3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	118675

Name:	H4.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	118676
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:18 AM   #364
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I always like sculpted, But the fabric you can see the goods if you adjust it. Hmmmmm...... Fabric maybe for me in that case.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #365
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Hey guys, new to the forums, this Huntress is so good that this might be the place I jump on the 1/3 bandwagon. I'm not even a huge Huntress fan (I mean, I love her in Birds of Prey, but she's not a top tier favorite character) , but I love the costume design and aesthetic, always have. And this is a really stunning representation - I'm pretty gaga on this thing. I'm really quite enamored with the Superman in this line as well.

This 1/3 business gets expensive fast, huh?

How is Prime 1 as far as their customer service goes? Probably be ordering through Sideshow, never done that before, either - I've always been a bbts man. But they sell out of these things stupid fast!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:45 PM   #366
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I always like sculpted, But the fabric you can see the goods if you adjust it. Hmmmmm...... Fabric maybe for me in that case.
Same here. And with that wall in the way, there's enough you simply can't see in the sculpt version. While I don't like mixing mixed media with fully sculpted within the same series, I don't think the fabric Huntress would look bad at all with sculpted Supes or Bats.

Oddly for Batman I wouldn't want a cloth version even if they offered it, maybe because cloth couldn't capture the cape's distinctive shape and "weight" as well as the sculpted.

I like that the colors pop more in the fabric Huntress cape.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:12 AM   #367
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think, getting the fabric cape to hold a particular form and position, is going to be more hassle than you guys and considering. The fabric will also age at a different rate to the sculpted statue - by that I mean discolour, or appear worn - this of course will depend on your display environment.

Those who think the fabric will allow more possibilities for viewing the statue underneath.....hmm, I don't see how. With the wall and her pose, there really are only a very few natural looking positions for the cape to be in, and IMHO, the sculpted cape is the optimum form and position.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:49 AM   #368
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Hey guys, new to the forums, this Huntress is so good that this might be the place I jump on the 1/3 bandwagon. I'm not even a huge Huntress fan (I mean, I love her in Birds of Prey, but she's not a top tier favorite character) , but I love the costume design and aesthetic, always have. And this is a really stunning representation - I'm pretty gaga on this thing. I'm really quite enamored with the Superman in this line as well.

This 1/3 business gets expensive fast, huh?

How is Prime 1 as far as their customer service goes? Probably be ordering through Sideshow, never done that before, either - I've always been a bbts man. But they sell out of these things stupid fast!
No really since the pf are heading to a grand closer and closer. 2 pf or one big pf is about the same as a 1:3 now. Which is crazy. Just buy less and it will be the same as buying tons of pf's. And you can get the ultimate versions of a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Same here. And with that wall in the way, there's enough you simply can't see in the sculpt version. While I don't like mixing mixed media with fully sculpted within the same series, I don't think the fabric Huntress would look bad at all with sculpted Supes or Bats.

Oddly for Batman I wouldn't want a cloth version even if they offered it, maybe because cloth couldn't capture the cape's distinctive shape and "weight" as well as the sculpted.

I like that the colors pop more in the fabric Huntress cape.
Exactly, the fabric cape can be adjusted well for much better view. I will make the cape flow up more. I think it will look cooler flowing higher as well. I'm patient and will probably pick her up down the road. the batman sculpted is definitely better imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:10 AM   #369
Comic69
Frackin!

Quote:
No really since the pf are heading to a grand closer and closer. 2 pf or one big pf is about the same as a 1:3 now. Which is crazy. Just buy less and it will be the same as buying tons of pf's. And you can get the ultimate versions of a character.

Quote:
Exactly, the fabric cape can be adjusted well for much better view. I will make the cape flow up more. I think it will look cooler flowing higher as well. I'm patient and will probably pick her up down the road. the batman sculpted is definitely better imo.
I own Sideshow's Shard and Kier and their fabric capes are okay, but I also own XM-Magdalena with a beautiful sculpted cape. In my opinion sculpted capes are looking often more precious...
Comic69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #370
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

What view are you guys hoping to see with a cloth cape? Unless you have mirrored backing for your display case, a rotating base, or just decide to display it with the back facing you, I don’t see how a cloth cape would help that much with the view of her backside.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote