Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2017, 05:04 PM   #21
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Lol, with Marvel Legacy kicking off, I believe we will see the (Bruce Banner) Hulk return and join OG Wolverine (he's back!) and (adult) Jean Grey (about darn time!) among the living. I still like legacy characters done right, but that means having them alongside and interacting with the originals. You don't need to kill off or replace an original, that just tends to make older readers angry. And you don't want comic nerds angry.
I just think they realize that the general masses still has this werid outlook when it comes to comic books. You might catch a few new readers but in reality most of them just stop collecting after a while because it costs so much and the writing just isn’t the way it used to be(imo). As far as She-Hulk is concerned, Sideshow loves making the ladies and if her new book is popular, this statue will get made sooner than later.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #22
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I’d say give it a few months then. I love this cover by the way.
She's been there a while but yes the Legacy thing will probably remove her from the main stories. It's not a bad book either, little bit of a slow burn but the way they did her after civil war II was interesting.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #23
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Lol, with Marvel Legacy kicking off, I believe we will see the (Bruce Banner) Hulk return and join OG Wolverine (he's back!) and (adult) Jean Grey (about darn time!) among the living. I still like legacy characters done right, but that means having them alongside and interacting with the originals. You don't need to kill off or replace an original, that just tends to make older readers angry. And you don't want comic nerds angry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I just think they realize that the general masses still has this werid outlook when it comes to comic books. You might catch a few new readers but in reality most of them just stop collecting after a while because it costs so much and the writing just isn’t the way it used to be(imo). As far as She-Hulk is concerned, Sideshow loves making the ladies and if her new book is popular, this statue will get made sooner than later.
I think there is a right and wrong way to kill off and replace characters. Like i honestly think there was no need to bring Barry Allen Back ever, the guy died protecting the Multiverse. That's an esteemed death and Wally was a great replacement and his book was doing great. When Bruce Wayne died fighting Darkseid, even though i disagreed with the way it was done, and then they replaced him with Dick, hey they could have let that go, it was fitting.

But some of these deaths, you can't just off characters that are rich in history, you have to give them a proper send off. Let them die in some huge universe altering way, and replace them with a proper candidate, not some "newb". It's the only way comic nerds will ever let it go, and sometimes not even then.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #24
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Not sure I understand but I've been waiting for a She-Hulk.

I didn't love either SS or XM quarter scale pieces and while I like the Hughes comiquette it doesn't fit in with the rest of my stuff.

All in for a new She-Hulk!
Couldn't agree more. She-Hulk is definitely a character I would eventually love to add to my collection.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:50 PM   #25
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think there is a right and wrong way to kill off and replace characters. Like i honestly think there was no need to bring Barry Allen Back ever, the guy died protecting the Multiverse. That's an esteemed death and Wally was a great replacement and his book was doing great. When Bruce Wayne died fighting Darkseid, even though i disagreed with the way it was done, and then they replaced him with Dick, hey they could have let that go, it was fitting.

But some of these deaths, you can't just off characters that are rich in history, you have to give them a proper send off. Let them die in some huge universe altering way, and replace them with a proper candidate, not some "newb". It's the only way comic nerds will ever let it go, and sometimes not even then.
It’s not just comics. Nobody wants to see fictionalized characters wrecked, dead, or drastically altered in any format. You ever met someone that said Rocky V was their favorite??? Same for books. Misery ring any bells?

Comic publishers are naive about how the public feels regarding Iconic characters. Once upon a time they would just create new ones...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:16 AM   #26
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Some pf had leaning issues. But if u be a good one, it's the best she hulk out there. Can't believe that was $290 back then. Todays price would be over $500.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:39 AM   #27
captoz
Nightwing

Love the SS PF but don't have it. I have the XM and while I dislike the head pictured in this thread, the Byrne one actually looks much better.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #28
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

See page one for SHE HULK POSTER of JOE JUSKO using this weights... I modified my SHE HULK PREMIUM FORMAT with some WEIDER weights...

If you want to see more go here to my collection:

https://www.statueforum.com/showpost...&postcount=466
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #29
adee
Green Arrow

That looks great pun!

It was funny reading back on my comments in this thread.

They end up making the piece I wanted but it was only 1/5 and I got it anyway.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #30
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
See page one for SHE HULK POSTER of JOE JUSKO using this weights... I modified my SHE HULK PREMIUM FORMAT with some WEIDER weights...

If you want to see more go here to my collection:

https://www.statueforum.com/showpost...&postcount=466
Great looking PF
Great looking upgrade

If Sideshow were to revisit this piece (which will never happen) they should add extra bulk to her arms and make her green legs visible, and make her legs more bulked out than they currently are. It's about time Sideshow made another 1/4 PF She Hulk

This pose:

This She Hulk:

Not as bulked as:
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote