Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #331
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Love Jin, just did not like the aesthetics of this statue. Same with King unfortunately.

I think they both could have been done better.
Can i ask what you think they could have done better?

And what you didn't like about Jin or King?

I personally don't think either of them could have been done any better by anyone else...

The sculpts look incredible, stylistically for me they nailed that Tekken look, the exclusive bases are just fantastic idea, both collectors who want a diorama base or the plain black base are being appeased and the prices are super competitive...

Just wondering what it is about them that doesn't appeal to you?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #332
cubano
Frackin!

Can't agree more. I think both pieces are superb as well as the Soul Calibur piece.
cubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #333
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

I personally don't think either of them could have been done any better by anyone else...

The sculpts look incredible, stylistically for me they nailed that Tekken look, the exclusive bases are just fantastic idea, both collectors who want a diorama base or the plain black base are being appeased and the prices are super competitive...

It's the same person who went with their gut and believes F4F quality is rubbish.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #334
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
It's the same person who went with their gut and believes F4F quality is rubbish.
I didn't say it like that lol, even that's a harsh way to put it. I think I just said that I didn't think their work was all that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

I think I'm a tad spoiled so my expectations are likely unrealistic for the price range.

It's the paint for me that's not getting it. It's something I've observed across the multitude of their statues. Their sculpts are solid, it's just the paint.

I try to avoid this topic since I don't want to be "that guy". I don't want to upset other collectors (or even the company employees) with a not so positive outlook.

It's a buzzkill, so this will be the last comment from me on this. Normally, I would choose to stay quiet. Perhaps I should have done that before, but now I realize I should follow that again. I'm sorry.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #335
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I didn't say it like that lol, even that's a harsh way to put it. I think I just said that I didn't think their work was all that great.

I think I'm a tad spoiled so my expectations are likely unrealistic for the price range.

It's the paint for me that's not getting it. It's something I've observed across the multitude of their statues. Their sculpts are solid, it's just the paint.

I try to avoid this topic since I don't want to be "that guy". I don't want to upset other collectors (or even the company employees) with a not so positive outlook.

It's a buzzkill, so this will be the last comment from me on this. Normally, I would choose to stay quiet. Perhaps I should have done that before, but now I realize I should follow that again. I'm sorry.
Hey man fairs fair if the paint doesn't do it for you then it doesn't do it for you, we can't all like the same things and everyone's different. Maybe you'll change your mind when they are in hand? Maybe Prime 1 will be better for you when they do T7 stuff.

I will say that F4F have only really had 2 realistic/darker tone pieces that have released so far and that would be Simon Belmont and Artorias.

A lot of the previous paint has been simpler and cartoony with them doing Sonic/Nintendo etc but even those pieces are done so cleanly and the colours are so vibrant, and things like Ganondorf is a great example of how they can do detail paint well.

They don't let stuff out the door at a subpar level, they have standards and Alex of F4F is very passionate about not letting those standards slip.

Trust me i was very interested when it came to Artorias, will they be able to do this? can they capture the tones on the armour? the brushed metal look? etc etc and they did such a brilliant job...Artorias is a stunner for sure.

The Tekken line will show me if they can do skin tones, the protos to me are amazing but i want to see in production if they can do those skin tones justice......tbh at this point i have 100% faith in them.

In the last Q&A Alex literally put his ass on the line if any of these pieces come out bad lol....i trust these guys.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:19 AM   #336
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

After Law, I really hope we get the heavy hitters such as Nina, Kazuya, and Heihachi. While I know we just got Jin, I would really like to see Devil Jin. I think he has some sick possibilities sculpturally.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:11 AM   #337
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
After Law, I really hope we get the heavy hitters such as Nina, Kazuya, and Heihachi. While I know we just got Jin, I would really like to see Devil Jin. I think he has some sick possibilities sculpturally.
[with the part about Devil Jin.].
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #338
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Eh I would say F4F objectively has inferior paint apps to a lot of the other 1/4 statue makers. Their paintjobs tend to be much flatter.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #339
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

As long as they don't flake, I can live with it. I noticed Jin has somewhat of a clear sweat detail over the paint; should we expect that in the final product?
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #340
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

King Production videos on the Collectors Club Facebook group!

He's looking amazing!

Join the Collectors Club if you haven't all the newest info, prizes, reveals etc are all posted there and it's a great community!