Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #381
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The only thing I would change about this piece is the logo on the base. I really wish they didn't go that route, because logos look like marketing and marketing break the illusion that I'm buying a piece of art. Just my opinion of course.

It's made worse by the fact that the other two ladies will probably have logos too, so it's overkill.
If they made the bases obviously meant to be displayed together and the others didn’t have the logo? That could be cool for people who get the set.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 AM   #382
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The only thing I would change about this piece is the logo on the base. I really wish they didn't go that route, because logos look like marketing and marketing break the illusion that I'm buying a piece of art. Just my opinion of course.

It's made worse by the fact that the other two ladies will probably have logos too, so it's overkill.
I agree, logo's and name tags kind of cheapen the look of the statue IMO....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:34 AM   #383
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I used to buy a lot of Sideshow statues, but they priced me out. Basically only getting CotD now, but they are close to pricing me out as well. I know Sideshow doesn't care about pricing people out, but at least I have curbed my collecting habits to be more focused.
Generally speaking that is absolutely true. The idea that Sideshow cares about particular collectors is absurd. As long as the people that are getting priced out get replaced by new buyers and Sideshow continues to have very strong sales, they really won't care if some of the members in here get priced out. Thats simply corporate mentality and I guarantee every other statue company out there, wether it be Kotobukia, Royo, Prime 1, XM, DC Direct, etc. feel the same exact way. Were all just numbers to corporations and as long as thier sales numbers remain consistant, they couldn't care less if its people on this board that are buying them or some other people out there. They have no personal affinity or connection to particular buyers. Again, were all just numbers.

And from what we have seen thus far, Sideshow has been successful at replacing the people that have ceased buying for one reason or another. Myself, I am continuing to buy the vast majority of my statues from Sideshow as I have no problem with the current price levels. I'll likely be back up to 10-12 pre orders by Feb-March of 2018. IMO, prices never should have been as low as they were to begin with. Back when people were getting PF statues for $299, the people that were working on these statues in the factories weren't getting paid squat. I am glad that average hourly wages for Chinese factories has risen by over 60% since 2011. It makes me feel less guilty about buying products from Chinese factories in general.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:37 AM   #384
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

This is very expensive. Will have to pass. I think this would have been better suited to 1/5th for what it is worth. Goes well with their other lines and the simpler sculpt suits that scale better. I don't care for the mixed media here anyway.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #385
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
This is very expensive. Will have to pass. I think this would have been better suited to 1/5th for what it is worth. Goes well with their other lines and the simpler sculpt suits that scale better. I don't care for the mixed media here anyway.
As much as I love Danger Girl, I defintely would have passed if this had been 1:5. I have already deviated from my plan to only buy 1:4 and the occassional 1:3 by buying into Sideshow's Masters of the Universe line and Purgatori. I really have no desire to add any more 1:5 statues to my collection. Its basically 1:4/1:3 or bust for me from here on out. So I for one am definitely thankful this was 1:4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I agree, logo's and name tags kind of cheapen the look of the statue IMO....
Couldn't agree more. Name tags or logo's are my biggest pet peeve in the entire statue market. I absolutely despise name tags. I know what statue I am buying. I don't need a big a*s name plate to remind me of that.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #386
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Huge JSC/DG fan since Gen 13 in 95. I really like the Ex plate but don't like the base. The fire resin looks cheap like a toy and the name tag is ugly. The windows in the pants are odd as I've never seen her like that. Fully sculpted would have been better. Wish it came with more switchouts. Another head/arm. Price too high for what it is.

If they do Sydney and Natalia and I like them I will go back and pick this up to complete the set but not as it is now. Too bad.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #387
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
If they made the bases obviously meant to be displayed together and the others didn’t have the logo? That could be cool for people who get the set.
best case scenario right there. I dont mind the nameplate on this because most who see my collection would have no idea who they were. 3 is too much. A dio is an absolute must
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #388
qz33
Doctor Doom

Good lookin' stuff!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:59 AM   #389
Y3E
Gen 13

SS did a good job of duplicating Campbell's art style.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #390
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Generally speaking that is absolutely true. The idea that Sideshow cares about particular collectors is absurd. As long as the people that are getting priced out get replaced by new buyers and Sideshow continues to have very strong sales, they really won't care if some of the members in here get priced out. Thats simply corporate mentality and I guarantee every other statue company out there, wether it be Kotobukia, Royo, Prime 1, XM, DC Direct, etc. feel the same exact way. Were all just numbers to corporations and as long as thier sales numbers remain consistant, they couldn't care less if its people on this board that are buying them or some other people out there. They have no personal affinity or connection to particular buyers. Again, were all just numbers.

And from what we have seen thus far, Sideshow has been successful at replacing the people that have ceased buying for one reason or another. Myself, I am continuing to buy the vast majority of my statues from Sideshow as I have no problem with the current price levels. I'll likely be back up to 10-12 pre orders by Feb-March of 2018. IMO, prices never should have been as low as they were to begin with. Back when people were getting PF statues for $299, the people that were working on these statues in the factories weren't getting paid squat. I am glad that average hourly wages for Chinese factories has risen by over 60% since 2011. It makes me feel less guilty about buying products from Chinese factories in general.
Let me clarify something. Sideshow has priced me out because I don’t think their quality lines up with the price anymore. I have a lot of statues on order through Sideshow, they just aren’t made by Sideshow. Most are higher than Sideshow’s price point.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote