Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #1121
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
i have not heard of any plans for statues yet but its a possibility .
Make that two pleases. Love your quarter scale stuff.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #1122
ppfonda
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Updates on the 1:4 IM III Igor? It's nearing a year since the reveal at comic con, seems like this is not going to happen and/or has missed the boat since IMIII came out over a year ago
ppfonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #1123
Skullboy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Does the GG rep only answer certain questions?
Would love an answer to my question

Is there something different in the way these are made/painted or are they done by better skilled workers, as they just look up another level in terms of detail and paint application.

Also, can you say if the production run will have the same quality as the one below

Thanks

Skullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #1124
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullboy View Post

Is there something different in the way these are made/painted or are they done by better skilled workers, as they just look up another level in terms of detail and paint application.

Also, can you say if the production run will have the same quality as the one below

Thanks

Might be a case of "trade secrets". Whatever GG is doing, they need to keep it going.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #1125
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullboy View Post

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Might be a case of "trade secrets". Whatever GG is doing, they need to keep it going.
First and foremost, it starts with the sculpting. A good sculpt in the beginning allows for a better paint master and a superior product. But yes, we do also employ different production techniques and different materials. Plus we seek the best talent for our factory production lines. We also spend more time on these and have a more intensive quality control inspection. As a result this means that they take longer to produce and are more expensive to manufacture. Also, there are no issues with licensors dictating colors, pantones, materials or imposing their personal preferences on the line, it’s all done under our collaborative roof. Being in control of every step makes for a better product every time.
Dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #1126
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
First and foremost, it starts with the sculpting. A good sculpt in the beginning allows for a better paint master and a superior product. But yes, we do also employ different production techniques and different materials. Plus we seek the best talent for our factory production lines. We also spend more time on these and have a more intensive quality control inspection. As a result this means that they take longer to produce and are more expensive to manufacture. Also, there are no issues with licensors dictating colors, pantones, materials or imposing their personal preferences on the line, it’s all done under our collaborative roof. Being in control of every step makes for a better product every time.
This why I luv GG high-end products, well worth the price tag and wait... Keep up the awesome work
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #1127
Skullboy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Talking

Quote:
Thank you very much for the answer
I thought as much, they Just look
Skullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #1128
FROBAY
Phoenix

My vader son and princess maquette has not been charged or shipped yet. Are you guys still in the process of getting orders out?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #1129
duke fleed
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Who is the nexy character on bike you'll do ?
duke fleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #1130
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
My vader son and princess maquette has not been charged or shipped yet. Are you guys still in the process of getting orders out?
Hey Forbay, i received your email . i'll be looking into this today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke fleed View Post
Who is the nexy character on bike you'll do ?
No current plans as of right now. we are focusing on our SDCC exclusives.
Dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote