Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-14-2021, 01:43 PM   #11
qz33
Doctor Doom

The biggest thing that gets old is the constant tease of the possibility.

At this point PCS SF collectors are old hats. Even new collectors have plenty of opportunities to get the most wanted characters.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
oh I dont care about mixed media, just want a fully sculpted rose and dan for once.

I know they have to make the same characters over and over to stay in business but its gotten old in the hobby.
For sure. Hard to please both new collectors and veterans.

I like the mixed-media on the original line, but the more important factors are scale, pose and base. If mixed-media is no longer viable at 1:4 (1:3 only then), I just want to know, so that there's a clean break.

I may be in the minority, and a lot of collectors may scoff, but they could essentially reboot the line as fully sculpted, redoing those that had mixed-media. I'd still hold onto mine, maybe they'd even become more collectible , as they could probably go deeper on a fully sculpted line.

I still cling to the pipedream of getting all the characters I want released in the same 1:4 line. Smaller scales won't cut it for me.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:13 PM   #13
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
oh I dont care about mixed media, just want a fully sculpted rose and dan for once.

I know they have to make the same characters over and over to stay in business but its gotten old in the hobby.
I strongly disagree. I don't mind if PCS releases statues of characters that were already made 100 times, as long as they add something new to the table. I'm still looking for a decent 1:4 Chun in her regular costume to this date, since most Chuns either don't fit the scale-critieria, are half character half base or look just aweful (looking at you Jerry's 1:4 MM Chun).
Honestly I wouldn't mind if PCS did remake half of Jerry's 1:4 MM line (Ryu, Chun, Alex).
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #14
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

just make rose and dan and they can do 100 more Cammy/Chuns etc.

Ill be happy then lol
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #15
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
just make rose and dan and they can do 100 more Cammy/Chuns etc.

Ill be happy then lol
I rather see Jerry returning to PCS, than Ant doing a Rose statue lol

But then again he makes a statue of Menat (which I'm suuuuuuuper hyped about), who is even lesser known than Rose. Don't give up hope, Vince!
Old 02-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #16
qz33
Doctor Doom

This is as good a place as any to say this.
From the Blanka thread
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANE MCNAMARA View Post
Just show us we've been waiting a long time for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Won't be showtime until they tease an elbow.

PCS is trying but problem is they are still using the Macaluso playbook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
It's coming soon. Like. Super soon. And I gurantee you the absolute LAST thing we are using is the Macaluso playbook. Lol.
Hah it's just too perfect. Saying that while posting a pic of... a phucking elbow, LOL!
No ALL of this is EXACTLY the Macaluso playbook!! Just without all the theft and risk of losing money.
Hugo, Hugo, HUGO!!! Everyone know the current Hugo poll in the FB Collectors group is NOT the 1st Hugo poll in the FB Collectors group? Anyone expect MORE people to vote for Hugo this time around given the state of the statue industry and PCS SF collectors in general?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
All the hand wringing the 2,3,5 YEAR if only, maybe, someday, one day, somewhere over the rainbow teases.
Stay tuned guys, the day is COMING!! Whoo hoo!
Old 02-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #17
qz33
Doctor Doom

PCS is still, STILL trying to sell statues mainly by the illusion of engagement. Still trying to sell characters instead of STATUES of characters.

Love you being here Vince, your amazing work, and your commitment. For years Rose and Dan, Rose and Dan. I truly hope you get them! Regular museum pose 1/4's of Dan will do worse than Oro and Rose maybe slightly better. Everyone knows it and you do too.
A black base Hugo's biggest selling point is that the statue would be... huge. Is that enough?

Again from the Blanka thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Ok thanks, it's just a quick drawing. I was saying the iconic tree from the middle of the stage with the snake wrapping around it, would of been even better.

I think statue companies should start producing two different concept sketches of their upcoming statues moving forward, to let people vote on which pose, portrait, base ideas they are more likely to buy & vote on it.

Which ever version wins, is the version they produce. It's a win win situation. That way collectors get what they wanted & companies maximum profits in sales. If I had a company, that's what I'd do 4 sure.
This is the problem right here. That task is for PCS! Not customers! It's like "oh hey guys we can't figure out what collectors would buy so can you tell us?".
That's about as useful as asking a bunch of dogs what they want for dinner.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #18
qz33
Doctor Doom

See in the Blanka thread I forgot all about it, ya know after 2 years and all. Then I saw the concept art again and thought hey who cares about Blanka but a STATUE like this concept could be awesome! But then the STATUE's pose didn't capture the art and the face was a turn off. After 2 years of radio silence that is what PCS turns in. There's a lot of good in that Blanka Ultra statue BUT it misses the mark!

Here's the key: Make STATUES people can't help but trash money on! When a statue hits the mark you don't have to ask, it's felt! If you don't KNOW you can do something people have to have (for the money!) then quit just trying by turning in something to get whatever sales it can and moving on.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:50 PM   #19
qz33
Doctor Doom

Then there's this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
So...do it! Did the digital sculpt degrade or something? lol

I've got the 'variant' swimsuit coming, but I'll take the qipao with black base! TAKE MY MONEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
I'll float the idea. Licensors aren't always up for too many versions at once. we'll see.
We'll see? Licensors are always up for whatever makes them money and increases the value of their IP.

PCS finally hit a straight fire Chun sculpt and pose but it takes guys on a forum to realize doing the more iconic costumes might be a winning combo? Really?
Ha ha no. When the Swimsuit Chun's were shown people asked for that sculpt with the original costumes. That sculpt was so popular Ant decided to cash in on a 3rd color scheme! LOL How long ago was that a year?

It's been suggested to Ant to do the same sculpts in multiple scales to hit price points. Just as it was suggested to do a swimsuit T&A line. Heck I think I might have been one of the ones to suggest it! This is all low hanging fruit and obvious stuff. But yeah these epiphanies needs to be "floated" to the top... but in the mean time... let this Blanka statue grow on ya!
Old 02-14-2021, 04:23 PM   #20
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Ugh no wonder everyone drops the Street Fighter IP after releasing Ryu, Chun and Akuma.
I think it would be better for Ant's mental state if he started to throw Batman statues into the market.