Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 09-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Polymer Clay tips and tricks..

Howdy all!

I haven't posted here in a while; I thought this might be a good place to bring some life.

I'm currently working on a portfolio piece in polymer clay// super sculpey firm.

Piece is baked and out of the oven; I just filled the cracks with Aves and I'll be sanding in the next day or two.

Since the piece is to be painted soon.. does anyone have a particular routine of how you finish off the piece before paint? A specific sanding routine? Any other last solvents?

Thanks guys.. and if the topic seems vague I'd just love to see some more life on these boards.

Best!
Remy LeBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Jesse Rubin
Fantastic Four

When sanding Sculpey I usually do it under running water at my kitchen sink. Just make sure to get the kind of sandpaper that wont fall apart when wet. The grit is of course important, just make sure you don't use something that gouging your work to much and work your way up to a finer grit in stages.
Jesse Rubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Rubin View Post
When sanding Sculpey I usually do it under running water at my kitchen sink. Just make sure to get the kind of sandpaper that wont fall apart when wet. The grit is of course important, just make sure you don't use something that gouging your work to much and work your way up to a finer grit in stages.
Oh awesome Jesse.

I didn't know Sculpey can get that wet!
Remy LeBeau is offline   Reply With Quote