Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-14-2016, 09:44 PM   #281
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Just snagged one off ebay. Figured it would be fun repainting it. Know pretty much nothing about airbrushes etc, want to pick up a cheapo off ebay.I'll probably be in and out of here for tips from the masters
That's the exact same reason I got mine
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:21 AM   #282
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

yeah, been scouring the youtube tutorials... think I'm gonna make him a blonde
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #283
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Just got him today- he is a beast! Well worth $150 and very imposing. Wondering how you guys fixed the mouth and eyes. Is there a putty you can work with to fill the holes and resculpt?

Was also wondering what the thoughts were on the shoulder ornaments. At first I thought it was weird they put a dino claw there but then Im starting to think its a dragon claw- awesome. What kind of skull you think that is?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #284
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Just got him today- he is a beast! Well worth $150 and very imposing. Wondering how you guys fixed the mouth and eyes. Is there a putty you can work with to fill the holes and resculpt?

Was also wondering what the thoughts were on the shoulder ornaments. At first I thought it was weird they put a dino claw there but then Im starting to think its a dragon claw- awesome. What kind of skull you think that is?
He is a beast. And worth $150 yeah. The more I have him though the less I like him. I think I have been spoiled by Arahom and Ehrens sculpts.

Anyway, my guys face has no puddy work. I just painted it black or brown, I forgot which and worked the teeth up. I didn't do much with the eyes and I was happy with the result. There is a pic earlier in the thread.

As far as the skull... I don't know what it is... I did repaint it though... Skull color :-)

And the lizard claw... I don't know what the hell that is. I guess it depends on what you visualize your "Viking" to be. For me, he is one of the Death Cultists from the Arhian comic. That's why I did his skin so pale. I haven't seen any lizard creatures yet in Arhian so I'm not sure what color I'm going with. I say just have fun with it
Old 09-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #285
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

You mean spoiled by breasts right lol, he shoulda been a shield maiden eh? lol, well maybe theyll make one someday.

Yeah I'd like to rework the face a bit. I saw someone in here had the horns off, I guess I'll cut them off then glue them back on after? not sure how to go about it yet.

Im gonna go with its a dragon claw. Im gona try to go with a darker green so it doesnt jump out so much. Would be awesome to be able to add scales but not sure how. For the skull Im thinking of painting it iron, like its in the armor design. Its so small on his shoulder its like its he killed and mounted his house cat. Better I think to allude to it being representative of something bigger.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #286
The13thWarlock

More so spoiled by things like the seams between magnetically attached parts being hidden. The fur cloak has obvious gaps where it looks like something that's stuck on the statue.

And yes, breasts make everything better when it comes to statues. I'd love to pick up an extra slave girl from the Barbarian or Sacrifice and add it into the base.

But then I think it would be like putting a tuxedo on a pig :-)
Old 11-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #287
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Been customizing mines...have not repainted it yet, just wanted to show where I was at with it.

warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #288
The13thWarlock

I always like when a new post pops up on this thread because once in a while people post stuff like this.

I think from what has been posted here so far, this is the most ambitious modification of this statue to date. I love the work you put in here. It's just festooned with small details and modifications from replacing the main hand weapons to including the extra weapons at his side to the chain skirt on his back. Amazing, well thought out and well realized. I just couldn't be more impressed with what you have done.

If your skill at painting is equal to your skill in modding... this piece will be truely epic.

One question. For me, the weakest aspect of the statue was the cape. You have worked so many details and altered the smallest (seemingly) imperfections out but it doesn't look like you've done anything to the cape. Did I miss something or were you just happy with the cape as it is?

Once again, remarkable work... thanks for the amazing pics!!!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:18 PM   #289
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Excellent Job Warhead. Great ideas on your Mods. Looking pretty darn Awesome.!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:26 PM   #290
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Nice Warhead. Planning on messing with mine after the new year. Mind if I ask what you used to resculpt the teeth and fill the eyes?