Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #2501
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I'm guilty of buying 2 Disney slipcovers, I joined the Disney movie club and 2 of the movies were missing the slip covers.
Well if it's to keep a set going I get that. Never done it myself but I probably would entertain the idea if it were a WB Animated slip that was missing as I have all of those and really like them.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #2502
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I've seen people selling just the slip covers on eBay and getting like $5 for them, crazy.

I usually don't care about them but on the Scream Factory and Disney films I like to have them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I like the slipcovers too. Especially on the Scream Factory and Disney titles like you as well as my WB Animated films. If the slipcover has different artwork than the actual BD I really like those too. Same goes for the lenticular or foil/holographic slips. I know some are indifferent in regards to them and while not essential I do like to have them whenever possible. I'd never pay for them separately however. That's a bit more obsessive compulsive than I am with them.
Personally I'm one of those people indifferent to them and I'm pretty surprised by the number of people that are almost more interested in the SC than the movie. I have thrown out tons of them but now I hang onto them because of their "worth" more than anything, maybe I'll try my luck selling some. I do like the ones that have different art or have the lenticular art, other than those I could really care less though. That's very cool of them to send you replacements Pat, especially considering people are out there selling these.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #2503
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Personally I'm one of those people indifferent to them and I'm pretty surprised by the number of people that are almost more interested in the SC than the movie. I have thrown out tons of them but now I hang onto them because of their "worth" more than anything, maybe I'll try my luck selling some. I do like the ones that have different art or have the lenticular art, other than those I could really care less though. That's very cool of them to send you replacements Pat, especially considering people are out there selling these.
I made sure I threw in that I was planning on buying more films during their sale in case they were going to give me a hard time. LOL

The importance of slipcovers to collectors really suprised me especially when physical media is supposedly dying out. I've seen collectors on You Tube who will buy a Blu Ray they already own just because the slipcase has different artwork on it. This one guy puts the slipcovers over empty cases then sells the sealed movies on eBay.

For me I like to have uniformity, if all the Fast and Furious films have slipcovers it'll bother me if one is missing but I'm not going to go out and buy movies I already own just because the slipcover is different.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #2504
Marvelito

Quote:
I made sure I threw in that I was planning on buying more films during their sale in case they were going to give me a hard time. LOL

I've seen collectors on You Tube who will buy a Blu Ray they already own just because the slipcase has different artwork on it. This one guy puts the slipcovers over empty cases then sells the sealed movies on eBay.

For me I like to have uniformity, if all the Fast and Furious films have slipcovers it'll bother me if one is missing but I'm not going to go out and buy movies I already own just because the slipcover is different.
LOL good one!

I hear you and it does make sense, I guess I don't get it from the point of view of some of those more "hardcore" slipcover aficionados. LOL
Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #2505
patrickwm68
The Flash

In case anyone is interested this site has Shout Factory's Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec Director's Cut on Blu-Ray for only $14.99.

Been waiting a long time for it to come out here in the U.S..

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ource=shopping
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #2506
dr_teng

Amazon deal of the day today is pretty promising : Deadwood for $58.99 - Awesome series, definitely one of the best in the past few years.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #2507
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
In case anyone is interested this site has Shout Factory's Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec Director's Cut on Blu-Ray for only $14.99.

Been waiting a long time for it to come out here in the U.S..

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ource=shopping
Picked up the streelbook of this after seeing it at a mates for the first time. Loved it.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #2508
Marvelito

Here are Scream Factory's offerings for today:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/ThePriceIsFrightSale

Lifeforce and The Vampire Lovers.

I just realized I've never seen Lifeforce, any good?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #2509
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Doesn't really surprise me. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of BB so having less of a reason to go in there certainly doesn't bother me. Their return policy is a joke and their customer service complete crap at times. Honestly I'm surprised they haven't phased out software altogether in favor of their high profit marked up electronics and household appliances.
What's wrong with their return policy now?

I'm sure I posted here once about how I actually liked Best Buy in the early days. At least when I found the store in the mid 90s. Customer service was fine. I even exchanged a videogame system without my receipt for a new one.

But something happened. I don't know if was the management or I just went to different locations. But the customer service dropped. Once a person was reluctant to give me an exchange and I had a receipt and it was like a day or two after purchase. Some of the walk around staff wouldn't even bother to look for stuff. They would just say it's "sold out." Of course they added the check bag people at the door. Who I always would mess with. Holiday crowds made the stores stupidly packed and of course the staff weren't able to handle it properly.

It just became a crap store that I didn't need to go to anymore.

Quote:
I was just reading today about how much trouble they're in and they probably won't be around in 5 years. They have a new CEO who's making a lot of changes to try and save them. They're supposed to be revamping the website.
That's probably a good thing although I'm not the biggest fan of the one stop online locations like Amazon either. There should be more competition. Especially since Amazon goes out of their way to pack stuff quickly and poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Here are Scream Factory's offerings for today:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/ThePriceIsFrightSale

Lifeforce and The Vampire Lovers.

I just realized I've never seen Lifeforce, any good?
Lifeforce sucks. I saw it once. It's really boring. It surprised me that Patrick Stewart was in it. People go crazy over the nude scenes I think. But the new cover art makes it look good.

I haven't seen Vampire Lovers either. I think it's on my list because it's a Hammer film. Also because I saw the poster once and it was really out there.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #2510
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Lifeforce sucks. I saw it once. It's really boring. It surprised me that Patrick Stewart was in it. People go crazy over the nude scenes I think. But the new cover art makes it look good.

I haven't seen Vampire Lovers either. I think it's on my list because it's a Hammer film. Also because I saw the poster once and it was really out there.
Yeah, I always hear mixed reviews on Lifeforce, I think that's why I've skipped it.

Vampire Lovers is Hammers first 70's film I think, and it's ok, not one of their best. It does have hot 70's naked female vampires though.