Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #1081
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennfett View Post
I think it was sold ONLY at the show...the link is above,taken from PeterS facebook page.
It looks bloody beautiful...
Of course it was only sold at the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
Really? Awesome!

Noooooooo!

It WOULD have been my first Aspen print.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #1082
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

i was hoping Aspenstore would get it.
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #1083
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Doesnt look like an Aspen print:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-SDCC-AS...item231fc599c8

Don't expect this to show on Aspenstore at all - it doen't have the Aspen footer of their normal prints.
I don't have that kind of cash free, even if it is really rare and going to be a major collector's item.
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #1084
Viper2005
Hellboy

It definitely looks like a non-standard Aspen print. Was it a private print that Peter did on the side?
How much were these selling for originally at the show?
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #1085
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The two auctions I can see (one completed besides that one above) don't say - Ben is there, hopefully he can give us more info.

Its a nice image (despite my prior comments on the similar sketch cover last week) and I would have paid $50 on aspenstore for it... but $150 - too much!

I do like things to match too - the proper Aspen print style with the text (and not on the bottom corner of the image) would have made this better in my opinion.
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #1086
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
But.. I thought your dealer got you all the prints!
He has all 5 prints and I told him I would buy the other 4 if I couldn't get them from the Aspen store. The only one I told him to buy for me was the Kiani one so he purchased the others with the intent to sell them. So I still have to pay a mark up. Its a small one compared to eBay but its still a mark up. Basically I would have saved 25 bucks a print if I could have gotten the other 4 from the Aspen store. But as I stated before, I am 0-3.

Its all good. In all honesty, given how difficult these are to get and given the fact that I have an in on them for a very good price, I probably shouldn't even try to get one of the 5 prints that Aspen puts up each day. I should just leave those for other people.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #1087
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
The two auctions I can see (one completed besides that one above) don't say - Ben is there, hopefully he can give us more info.
hey guys the print is actually a private print that Peter produced. Which is why it is different than all other prints.

What's funny is that I saw the prelim pencils for this piece on Tuesday. He told me he was going to try to have it ready for the next con. I guess he hustled his way through it.

I'll now fur sure today what the price is, but I think the price is probably $50.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #1088
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
He has all 5 prints and I told him I would buy the other 4 if I couldn't get them from the Aspen store. The only one I told him to buy for me was the Kiani one so he purchased the others with the intent to sell them. So I still have to pay a mark up. Its a small one compared to eBay but its still a mark up. Basically I would have saved 25 bucks a print if I could have gotten the other 4 from the Aspen store. But as I stated before, I am 0-3.

Its all good. In all honesty, given how difficult these are to get and given the fact that I have an in on them for a very good price, I probably shouldn't even try to get one of the 5 prints that Aspen puts up each day. I should just leave those for other people.
Ah, I see.
I think for some it would be worth the 25 bucks per print to avoid the stress of having to go thru the ordering process for 5 days, though it does take the fun out of the event, I guess lol.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #1089
Viper2005
Hellboy

It's that time again! Good luck!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #1090
Viper2005
Hellboy

Print went up a bit late today but its available now!!
Last day go go

Edit, and it's done... it went fast today!

So, how did well did everyone make out this year? Did you guys get all the prints you wanted? I managed to get 4/5 dailies, missed the Thursday one due to bad timing. Drat! Oh well, on the plus side, all the SDCC prints this year were great, both the dailies and the regular releases. Definately worth wearing out my F5 key for!

Last edited by Viper2005; 07-15-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: O.o