Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 04-09-2016, 10:25 AM   #11
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFS_Pete View Post

We've announced the Beam Pistol! Pre-orders will start on Thursday, March 24th @ 12pm EST.

You can check out the IGN Article here:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...ded3175c00001f
Oh hell yes!! Don't know how I missed this announcement. This is absolutely beautiful. Heading over to pre order right now! And only $350. Thats the cheapest price I have spent on a replica weapon in some time. Again, very nice!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #12
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade23 View Post
Way, way over-priced compared to what else is available in the market.
Compared to what else is available in the market? Replica weapons are one of my favorite genre's in this hobby and high end replica weapons, like those made by Triforce, are expensive. I would love to see just what examples your referring to that are so much cheaper. The funny thing is that $350 is actually a pretty good price for the high end replica market. Most high end replica's cost at least $400-$800 bucks. hand guns usually run in the $400+ range and rifles usually run in the $600-$800 range. So again, I have absolutely no clue what replica guns your referring to that are so much cheaper than $350. I can guarantee they are not high end replica's. If they really are considerabley cheaper than $350, then they are low quality replica's and most likely not limited editions.

Here are some prices for past replica weapon releases:

District 9: Arc Generator - $499
District 9: Assault Rifle - $499
District 9: Gas Projector - $499
Mass Effect Disciple - $550
Mass Effect Scorpion - $400
Mass Effect Geth Pulse Rifle - $750
Mass Effect M8 Assault Rifle - $650
Mass Effect M-77 Paladin - $400
Mass Effect M-6 Carnex - $400
Mass Effect M-3 Predator - $400
Tomenosuke Blaster - $900
Hellboy II Samaritan - $400
Halo Plasma Rifle - $600
Borderlands 2 Infinity - $650
Borderlands 2 Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch - $650
Gears of War 3 Torque Bow - $850
Gears of War 3 C.O.G. Snub - $400
Gears of War 3 Locust Hammerburst II - $850
Gears of War 2 Lancer Assault Rifle - $900
NECA Gears of War Lancer - $700
Aliens Stunt M41A1 Pulse Rifle - $500
Men In Black 3 Standard Issue Sidearm - $600
Warehouse 13 Tesla Artisan Hero - $1200
Fifth Element Korben Dallas Blaster - $350
Blade Runner M2019 Blaster - $600
Men in Black 2 Noisy Cricket - $400

I could literally go on and on. So again, by all means please provide that list of way way cheaper replica weapons that are available. I for one would love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFS_Pete View Post
We have given thought to selling with a stand, but that would drive up cost. We are still looking for a way to make it cost effective for everyone though.
If you do wind up making stands for your replica's, please make them optional. I like hanging my replica's on my wall so I have no use for stands. As you said, that would just drive up the cost and it would be for an option that I really have no use for. If you sold them separately, the people that were interested in buying a stand could buy one and those like myself that don't have an interest could just buy the weapon. That would definitely be the best way to sell a stand.

What would be really cool is if you guys designed an adjustable stand, one that you could adjust to fit various handgun releases. That way you wouldn't have to design a different stand with each new release. I am not a designer so I am not sure just how feasible such a product would be, but if you could pull something like that off, it would allow you to sell a single stand that could accomodate different releases.

Also, what is the overal edition size for this piece. I am not seeing it listed in the IGN article or the Sideshow page.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote