Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 06-22-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Lobo & Dawg Premium Format Figures Review

Lobo & Dawg Premium Format Figures
Manufactured By Sideshow Collectibles

Please check out the video review HERE
(If you like what you see, please like and subscribe the channel)

Lobo
Edition Size: 1,000 Exclusive & 2,000 Regular
Product Size: 28.5" Tall x 16.5" Wide x 11" Deep
Product Weight: 20 lbs. (I checked this on a scale, it is accurate)
Released: June 2015
Design Team: Kris Anka (Design), Walter O'Neal (Design), Martin Canale (Design, Sculpt), Guillermo Barbiero (Sculpt), Avinash Hegde (Sculpt), Martin Demonte (Sculpt), Adam Smith (Mold & Cast), Anthony Mestas (Paint), Mireya Romo-Bowen (Paint), Tim Hanson (Costume Fabrication), Greg Mowry of Geppetto Productions (Costume Fabrication), The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Dawg
Edition Size: 1,500
Product Size: 8" Tall x 7" Wide x 9" Deep
Product Weight: Approx. 1 lb. (This is what I measured...Sideshow website is way off!)
Released: June 2015
Design Team: Kris Anka (Design), Martin Canale (Design, Sculpt), Dylan Forman (Design), Guillermo Barbiero (Sculpt), Avinash Hegde (Sculpt), Martin Demonte (Sculpt), Adam Smith (Mold & Cast), Mireya Romo-Bowen (Paint), Anthony Mestas (Paint), The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Lobo Review Summary

Sculpt: 10 / 10

Lobo is an absolute BOSS of a statue. There is literally not a single sculpted element on this statue that isn't detailed to the max. Martin Canale and the sculpting team did an absolute fantastic job...I can't say enough good things about it. I'll let the pics below do the talking.

Paint: 9.0 / 10

Paint is very solid on this piece. You will find nice, clean lines throughout, good use of color and shading, the wood finish on the end of the rifle, the leather finish on the gun holster and pouches, the skin tone...it's all very well done. My one complaint is the teeth on the smiling portrait. On my particular copy, the teeth are not well defined, and the white paint is kind of globbed on there...definitely could have been done better (and on other copies, it is done better). Overall, the paint is very solid, though.

Mixed Media: 10 / 10

I had to break this out for a separate score, becasue it deserves special recognition. The use of mixed media on this statue is the best I have seen. The faux leather and the lacing up the sides of the jacket and pants, the real metal chain around his wrist and his necklace...it's all AMAZING! And the boots...the leather straps and metal buckles on the boots are out of this world! Again, I'll let the pics below do the talking.

Design: 9.5 / 10

Details, details, details! Amazing design work went into all of the details on this piece. I only knock it slightly for the very generic pose and the kind of boring, plain black ground that he's standing on (the perimeter of the base, though, with its homage to Lobo's bike, is awesome!).

Production & Build Quality: 9.0 / 10

The piece has good weight to it, so it has a nice quality feel. For the most part, pieces fit together nicely and securely...the exception for mine is the dreadlocks portrait...that particular portrait doesn't seem to have a secure "grab" between the magnets. It still sites down snugly, and it's not like it will spontaneously fall out, I would just like it to have that reassuring magnetic grab. Otherwise, the statue has great production value.

Overall: 9.5 / 10

Absolutely a contender for statue of the year. This statue is not out of place amongst the other heavy hitters released this year, or previous years. Absolutely a top notch piece in every regard, and a worthy addition to your shelves.

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Bmutha

Old 06-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
Bmutha

Old 06-22-2015, 02:12 PM   #4
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks for the review
Diffidently this is one of the best pieces in 2015
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Awesome pics!!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #6
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I am not much of a DC fan, and have only ever seen Lobo a handful of times, but damn does this piece look amazing and is really tempting to get!

Congrats on the fantastic piece! And great write up!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:27 AM   #7
Bmutha

Thanks for your feedback, guys! I just added a quick write-up on Lobo and I will add Dawg later on. For now, enjoy the pics and check out the video.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Excellent video and written review. Thanks.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:36 AM   #9
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Excellent review. If only I had more interest in the character. Looks like fans are onto a winner with this one.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Excellent review as always. Pics and video quality are excellent. I can blame you for my recent purchase.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote