Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #3081
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
You destroyed the word "destroyed"...
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #3082
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I think you guys are overestimating how fast these will sell out. They are $900 1/3 pieces, not $300-$400 1/4 pieces. To everyone but us diehards, $900 for a statue is insane and out of the question
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #3083
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I think you guys are overestimating how fast these will sell out. They are $900 1/3 pieces, not $300-$400 1/4 pieces. To everyone but us diehards, $900 for a statue is insane and out of the question
Evil Ryu, Reg Ryu and Sub-Zero were fast sellouts.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #3084
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Let's see what happens hey?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #3085
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Let's see what happens hey?
I think a lot of people who jumped ship are praying it doesn't sell out to justify their decision. That tells me they never really wanted it to begin with. Their only interest was that others were getting it. I've been caught up in that a few times in collecting.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #3086
Comicbookguy
Hercules

These will sell out fast even with all who jumped ship. It will be no different than the ryu po's. But I don't see them being hard to get down the road now with more options coming. So I can buy later if need be.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #3087
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It may sell out fast, but my guess is there will be plenty for sale later on with close to retail price or even at retail if you are patient. It happened to Shin Akuma and Ryus, it could happen to this. Some people are having trouble to sell Shin and Ryus even at retail unfortunately.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #3088
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I think a lot of people who jumped ship are praying it doesn't sell out to justify their decision. That tells me they never really wanted it to begin with. Their only interest was that others were getting it. I've been caught up in that a few times in collecting.
Of course. You're absolutely right. It's sad when you think about it like that. A lot of people follow the crowd in this hobby. Buying statues they know nothing about, but because everyone is after it, makes them want it. Nothing wrong with that as long as they actually like the piece. Tell you the truth I actually miss the days when the group was a lot smaller going back 6-8 years.

Totally different crowd compared to now. People will do anything to throw a company under the bus when they realise another company is doing same licences. This Chun-Li is phenomenal and anyone who really doesn't want it now because in their eyes things have changed in the game, quite frankly don't deserve to own this statue.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #3089
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Of course. You're absolutely right. It's sad when you think about it like that. A lot of people follow the crowd in this hobby. Buying statues they know nothing about, but because everyone is after it, makes them want it. Nothing wrong with that as long as they actually like the piece. Tell you the truth I actually miss the days when the group was a lot smaller going back 6-8 years.

Totally different crowd compared to now. People will do anything to throw a company under the bus when they realise another company is doing same licences. This Chun-Li is phenomenal and anyone who really doesn't want it now because in their eyes things have changed in the game, quite frankly don't deserve to own this statue.
Drops the Mic.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #3090
BurningRage
Inhumans

A lot of the Marvel and DC collectors don't read comics and just buy what gets hyped up.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote