Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-02-2017, 05:27 AM   #3981
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
As i posted before, when it comes to Chun-Li Classic and the puffy nature of the shoulder design of the outfit, gives the impression Chun-Li's head sitting too low.
I don't get that impression.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #3982
dao2
Cyclops

yea me either :< I like classic's face the least of the three though
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #3983
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Aren't they all the same exact face? I think I'll convert my classic Chunners into a klassic ninja, if I'm not happy with it. Then pour tons of blood over it, and move her over to the MK section.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #3984
TheHulk
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
costumes do define video game characters for most part. while games and movies based on superheroes have become more popular when most people hear the word superman for costume they are thinking red blue same with spiderman same concept with chun li. i stopped playing sf years ago i never knew chun li had this costume until jerry announced 1/3 chun li and someone posted they wanted this costume. For me and most people when we think of chun li (if they even know who she is) its that blue costume. when we think of ryu its the white costume red bandanna.

Attachment 104906
I agree, I grew up with street fighter and looking at chun li in any other outfit other than her iconic one will never have the same impact on me. People buy statues for different reasons, mine personally is nostalgia.
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #3985
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

You can never discount nostalgia. If a certain costume or a look helps evoke good memories, then that puts it over other statues that are also technically excellent, but lack any personal connection.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:23 PM   #3986
ukshaun
Hercules

CHUN LI 1:3 STATUE – LEGACY SET EXCLUSIVE
SOLD OUT !!!

CHUN LI 1:3 STATUE – CLASSIC QIPAO EXCLUSIVE
This is Now SOLD OUT !

CHUN LI 1:3 STATUE – BATTLE DRESS EXCLUSIVE
This is Now SOLD OUT !

CHUN LI 1:3 STATUE – ALPHA EXCLUSIVE
This Item is Now SOLD OUT !

PCS consistency..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #3987
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I don't get that impression.
Me either. Any longer and it would look giraficaly unnatural.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:34 PM   #3988
ukshaun
Hercules

One wish: I wish Chun-Li Alpha had the same darker hair color as Classic and Battle.
At the moment, Alpha's hair color looks too light / borderline red
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:13 PM   #3989
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
As i posted before, when it comes to Chun-Li Classic and the puffy nature of the shoulder design of the outfit, gives the impression Chun-Li's head sitting too low. This is further exacerbated by the blue material around Chun-Li's neck which should be taller, but is limited by shortness of Chun-Li's neck. 3mm might have made all the difference.

Funny enough, Battle and Alpha don't suffer from the same fate. Maybe Classic's shoulder area's are too puffy?

Enough of this, water under the bridge and all that. Collectors have voted with their purchases. Sold Out!
..i'm happy to have bagged an Alpha
Felt the same

Something funny about classic neck specially in some angles.instantly ruled out buying it.. tough choices between alpha and battle..settled for alpha
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #3990
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
As i posted before, when it comes to Chun-Li Classic and the puffy nature of the shoulder design of the outfit, gives the impression Chun-Li's head sitting too low. This is further exacerbated by the blue material around Chun-Li's neck which should be taller, but is limited by shortness of Chun-Li's neck. 3mm might have made all the difference.

Funny enough, Battle and Alpha don't suffer from the same fate. Maybe Classic's shoulder area's are too puffy?

Enough of this, water under the bridge and all that. Collectors have voted with their purchases. Sold Out!
..i'm happy to have bagged an Alpha
Wait . . . so are you saying an exaggerated costume designed for an exaggerated art style might exaggerate her features?
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote