Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-17-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nintendo's Revolution Teaser Trailer!

Alrighty, I posted this in the Revolution controller thread, but I figured it'd get more views with it's own thread. This is an awesome trailer, very concept like, and I gotta say I like it so far.

Check it out here REVOLUTION TRAILER

Enjoy!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
Ghost

Anyone?!?! No one wants to see the trailer?!?! Or if you did nobody wants to say what they think about it now?!?!!
Old 09-18-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

hmmmm....controller looks kinda crazy.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
Miikael
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Can't wait to have some people over and play tennis like a bunch of shut-ins ;] All in all a very slick presentation, can't say I'm used to that by Nintendo, and like I already said in the other thread I'm positively surprised about this. Really want to try it out.
Miikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #5
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-man
hmmmm....controller looks kinda crazy.

Too true, but the possibilities that are shown are very interesting, and like Miikael said, it's worth trying out. The controller idea I think is crazy, but it seems to work seemlessly, and well thought out. I mean ppl have always said things about Nintendo's controllers, but when you finally get them they are extremely ergonomic and comfortable. I love the 64 controller especially when Goldeneye came out and such. And the Cube's controller was pretty sweet too. Nintendo is going out for being more then a one player system that's for sure.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:30 PM   #6
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Okay maybe I jumped the gun a little when posting about the controller. It does look like it might have some possibilities. What about playing Madden though? I just don't know how it would work.
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #7
Ghost

Controller Shells

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley76
Okay maybe I jumped the gun a little when posting about the controller. It does look like it might have some possibilities. What about playing Madden though? I just don't know how it would work.
I agree with you on that as well. We saw baseball, but I also wondered how'd they work out a fighting game as well. But check this out. This is a mock up of what they're planning to release for more conventional games as they call it.

Controller Shell
Old 09-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
Miikael
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Because of the expansion slot at the bottom of the "wand" the possiblities are limitless when it comes to add-ons, of course having said that I'm not too keen on dishing out money for limitless add-ons really. From what I've seen the remote/wand+stick add-on seems to be able to cover most control-schemes I can think off and should be a preferable way to play games. Not too sure how beat-em-ups and several sport games could work, but that shouldn't proof too much of a problem if the devs put some thought into it.

FPS could work out really well with this system, only there I kinda question the amount of available buttons (4 in total) what with changing weapon, reloading, using items, jumping etc etc.
Miikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #9
Crom
Loki

That is very cool. I'm curious how it will really work with multiple players. Everyone in the commercial seemed to move in rythm and were coordinated. A fighting game would seem to raise the question of interference. Also, the guy playing baseball looks like its fun, but how does his oppnent, who is pitching, fit in?

I'm sure this will be addressd in future ads. An incredible concept. It definitely gets people talking.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #10
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom
That is very cool. I'm curious how it will really work with multiple players. Everyone in the commercial seemed to move in rythm and were coordinated. A fighting game would seem to raise the question of interference. Also, the guy playing baseball looks like its fun, but how does his oppnent, who is pitching, fit in?

I'm sure this will be addressd in future ads. An incredible concept. It definitely gets people talking.

Check out my post before Miikael's. I posted a link of how they'll make it work for other more conventional games.