Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
VenoM
A day without sunshine is like... night.

To All Pc Gamers

I wanted to know what video card all you hardcore PC gamers are using as I am looking for a new card since I cannot run Doom 3 on my PC.
VenoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

sorry, I can't help, I gave up on PC games 3 years ago, too much hassle trying to keep up with upgrading. Just waiting for a PS3 now; hopefully this will be the begining of the end for PC games.
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Virsago
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky
sorry, I can't help, I gave up on PC games 3 years ago, too much hassle trying to keep up with upgrading. Just waiting for a PS3 now; hopefully this will be the begining of the end for PC games.
Ditto.......
Virsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just finished putting together an awesome workstation for a friend of mine, and if you have the cash I'd go with a Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI Express x16 Card. There's way faster but we actually bought 2 of these and put them to work together. They go for $200 each. We installed Far Cry and Doom 3 at once, and put them visual effects as high as they can go. Neither game even choked, everything ran smoothly even the loading. We also put in 2gigs of ddr ram, and our harddrive was a 40gig 10,000rpm piece. It was a sweet system and I'm thinking of salvaging mine to make myself a similiar one. www.newegg.com has prolly the best deals for parts, they're always having something on sale, and good stuff too.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:23 AM   #5
Uselessfew
A day without sunshine is like... night.

ATI's X800. Make's DOOM3 look puuuuuuuurdy.
Uselessfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #6
rosko23
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I just finished putting together an awesome workstation for a friend of mine, and if you have the cash I'd go with a Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI Express x16 Card. There's way faster but we actually bought 2 of these and put them to work together. They go for $200 each. We installed Far Cry and Doom 3 at once, and put them visual effects as high as they can go. Neither game even choked, everything ran smoothly even the loading. We also put in 2gigs of ddr ram, and our harddrive was a 40gig 10,000rpm piece. It was a sweet system and I'm thinking of salvaging mine to make myself a similiar one. www.newegg.com has prolly the best deals for parts, they're always having something on sale, and good stuff too.
totally agree... Newegg is the sh**
rosko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoM
I wanted to know what video card all you hardcore PC gamers are using as I am looking for a new card since I cannot run Doom 3 on my PC.
The question is also HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO SPEND?
Cause I can point you in the direction of $600 video cards.
Me, I use a GForce Ti 4200 on one PC and a GForce 6600 something on the other PC. Next year when I build a new one I'll get a PCI-E card.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #8
DFury
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

When looking for hardware I start here www.pricewatch.com If your upgrading your current rig then you will need to take in consideration what your Motherboard will support...

If you starting from scratch then PCI Express is the way to go..

df
DFury is offline   Reply With Quote