Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #481
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Will Harbottle sculpted the portraits on this, Joe Jung did the body and phoenix base. They killer-combo'ed the hell out of this, along with an amazing paint job by Kat Sapene.

Really proud with how this came out, thanks for the compliments you nerds.
Have you been playing Killer Instinct?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #482
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
HAHAHA -- I was not whining, but as it's a typed comment people may translate it in many ways.

And as it's my money, who cares how I spend it? I don't question anybody else how much money they drop on statues. Or why they choose to buy the ones they do? What company they buy from? Or why people buy multiples of them? Or why some people buy them and don't display them? Yet you're all up in my sh!t.

All I said was I'm not sure what justifies this piece to be $500 and I was NOT the only one to say that. Yet you felt the need to comment on my spending and said I needed a better argument as to my purchasing logic.

Here's my logic, and it's earth shattering, just wait for it -- I LOVED the XM statue from the moment I saw it. So I bought it! I don't love this piece so I will not be buying it. Easy peasy.

And now I will wait to see if I get the mod hammer
Some people just don't understand the idea of value. For me, the "value" of the XM is worth more than the price difference. This SS one makes me wonder if it's worth it. Simple. I think you said it well.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #483
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
HAHAHA -- I was not whining, but as it's a typed comment people may translate it in many ways.

And as it's my money, who cares how I spend it? I don't question anybody else how much money they drop on statues. Or why they choose to buy the ones they do? What company they buy from? Or why people buy multiples of them? Or why some people buy them and don't display them? Yet you're all up in my sh!t.

All I said was I'm not sure what justifies this piece to be $500 and I was NOT the only one to say that. Yet you felt the need to comment on my spending and said I needed a better argument as to my purchasing logic.

Here's my logic, and it's earth shattering, just wait for it -- I LOVED the XM statue from the moment I saw it. So I bought it! I don't love this piece so I will not be buying it. Easy peasy.

And now I will wait to see if I get the mod hammer
We'll just leave the conversation as it is. Because you obviously are having a hard time understanding the simple point I was making.

But please feel free to continue on making assumptions I give a damn about how much money some random person on the internet spends.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #484
supermetroid
Teen Titans

It's pretty simple, the phoenix of XM's statue is bigger than most PF's itself. SS would charge way more than $500 if the base was like that lol
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #485
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
Some people just don't understand the idea of value. For me, the "value" of the XM is worth more than the price difference. This SS one makes me wonder if it's worth it. Simple. I think you said it well.
Value is in the pocket of the beholder.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #486
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Have you been playing Killer Instinct?
I played the hell out of the first one when it came out. Me and my brother were the kids at the arcade talking smack to the MK players. I was the shark that would go up to adults playing KI, ask them "who should I play with?" let them pick whoever they thought they could beat, and then Id wipe the floor with them. I was addicted to that game.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #487
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I was always drawn to the macabre stuff like Shark Attack and Death Race 2000 back in my day, pretty tame stuff compared to spines being ripped out and eyeballs popped lol
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #488
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
If we could take these portraits and stick them on the XM that would be statue perfection to get!
I agree because the heads that are on the Dark Phoenix are the perfect heads for the Green Phoenix. This is the puzzling thing to me.

This is like a mix match of what should be. Instead of David Igo for SS and Ang Seng for XM...it winds up being David Seng.

Completely mix match head outputs that should replace each company's respective portraits.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #489
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree because the heads that are on the Dark Phoenix are the perfect heads for the Green Phoenix. This is the puzzling thing to me.

This is like a mix match of what should be. Instead of David Igo for SS and Ang Seng for XM...it winds up being David Seng.

Completely mix match head outputs that should replace each company's respective portraits.
I'm ok with the XM version now that I have the troy custom head on PO. But to be honest if I could not get a custom head I might get rid of it. Now I'm more excited than ever to wait patiently for the pretty, well define custom head. The ss version can't complain really for me. I like everything enough about it except the price. So depending on the ES I will buy now or wait to buy less. Harbottle saved this statue imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #490
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren3-4 View Post
I don't understand people making this argument. Didn't you pay almost double for the XM statue?
No dude...and that's what many of the SS fanboys don't get. The Phoenix statue from XM in the approved territories costs about $100 - $150 more....and keep in mind you get the best QC on the market and a lot more extras to boot....including awesome art prints.