Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #491
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
HAHAHA -- I was not whining, but as it's a typed comment people may translate it in many ways.

And as it's my money, who cares how I spend it? I don't question anybody else how much money they drop on statues. Or why they choose to buy the ones they do? What company they buy from? Or why people buy multiples of them? Or why some people buy them and don't display them? Yet you're all up in my sh!t.

All I said was I'm not sure what justifies this piece to be $500 and I was NOT the only one to say that. Yet you felt the need to comment on my spending and said I needed a better argument as to my purchasing logic.

Here's my logic, and it's earth shattering, just wait for it -- I LOVED the XM statue from the moment I saw it. So I bought it! I don't love this piece so I will not be buying it. Easy peasy.

And now I will wait to see if I get the mod hammer
This is the basis everyone should have. You buy what you love. I personally don't like the xm Pheonix even though I agree the bird Is great but I just don't like the sculpt on her body. But I'm willing to pay for the upcoming dr strange because I love the look.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #492
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Whoohah Buzzie, that sure is one heck of an incredible picture!

Unfortunately I do not have room anymore to display large pieces like the XM Studios Phoenix or the Sideshow Dark Phoenix but I do think both pieces look stellar in their very own right.
I have the BD Dark Phoenix statue though and that piece is great as well even though it's not as large or eye-catching as these two statues:

Whoever gets either the Sideshow Dark Phoenix or the XM Studios Phoenix is going to be one happy camper!

Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post
Comparison is bullĀ§&%... this is the display to own:

In fact, XM Phoenix is the first statue every guest in my house - even my parents - have that big WOW-effect. And for the first time I heard words like "now I understand why these things do cost so much..."
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:25 PM   #493
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No dude...and that's what many of the SS fanboys don't get. The Phoenix statue from XM in the approved territories costs about $100 - $150 more....and keep in mind you get the best QC on the market and a lot more extras to boot....including awesome art prints.
I believe he's saying after shipping your paying nearly double for xm phoenix if you live in the u.s or canada.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #494
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
The positive here is that for the first time in a long while, we can finally discuss two different 1/4 scale companies in the same breath. There's a tremendous positive in that, I think.
Really can't compare them until SS releases the production version. Right now were comparing SS Master Artist Prototype vs XM Production version.

The proof is in the pudding Although I hope SS Phoenix comes out looking like the prototype, it is a nice design.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #495
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Whoohah Buzzie, that sure is one heck of an incredible picture!

Unfortunately I do not have room anymore to display large pieces like the XM Studios Phoenix or the Sideshow Dark Phoenix but i do think both pieces look stellar in their very own right.
I have the BD Dark Phoenix statue though and that piece is great as well even though it's not as large or eye-catching as these two statues:

Whoever gets either the Sideshow Dark Phoenix or the XM Studios Phoenix is going to be one happy camper!

Rainer
I also like them both
And as a big Phoenix fan I do want them both and I also like your bowen Phoenix she is Byrne based :O
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #496
supermetroid
Teen Titans

No room for 1/4 Juggernaut?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #497
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatikone View Post
I love both pieces.
I collect a lot of anime figures as well, so I'm not put off by the XM heads. The firebird and sentinel base on the XM is truly majestic. The SS piece has more sex appeal imo. I'd love to own the XM piece. Money's not an issue, but until they get U.S. distribution XM is unfortunately a pipe dream for me.
As a U.S. collector, I like to think that I'm still benefitting from XM's presence in the market, because they're undoubtedly causing other companies to step up their game.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #498
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Loved the movie John Wick...Keanu's best in recent memory.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #499
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Really can't compare them until SS releases the production version. Right now were comparing SS Master Artist Prototype vs XM Production version.

The proof is in the pudding Although I hope SS Phoenix comes out looking like the prototype, it is a nice design.
I have also been saying this, I really hope SS Phoenix will look 80% like the proto masterpaint. I know its not fair too ask the 100%
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #500
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
We'll just leave the conversation as it is. Because you obviously are having a hard time understanding the simple point I was making.

But please feel free to continue on making assumptions I give a damn about how much money some random person on the internet spends.
What was your point?

Sorry Northern....I couldn't help myself on that one. I get your point....but I agree 100% with Demona...not that anyone gives a hoot.