Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #1611
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I ordered the Silver Surfer omnibus last week. It'll be the 1st omni. I won' have room for on my omni. shelf. Am starting to panic.
If you have not read those stories it is more than worth it. I truly wish I had the money I would get more omnibuses to replace my individual issues that are decades old but not in the best of shape.

I guess it might be time to invest in some more shelves (something that we as collectors cannot have too many of).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:03 PM   #1612
protector2814
Phoenix

You're so right mmk123. I have 32 omnubi. & many of them contain complete runs of comics I own & store in long boxes. But I love the convience of them. Just pulling an omni. out sure beats lugging out a long box, pulling issues, un-bagging them & then having to put them all back. I keep them in a bookcase we have in our living room (my hobby room's simply "full-up". I also secretely love the look on a guest's face when he/she sees them. "what the hell?' I've now, in terms of the bookcase, have to pull something I love, to place something else I love.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:41 PM   #1613
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’m flat out of room, and have started buying omnibuses to replace Masterworks runs which I’ve been giving away to friends. I’ve also got the Silver Surfer Omnibus on the way to replace the two Masterworks volumes.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:45 PM   #1614
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Do you guys know, what is keeping the Tomb of Dracula Omnibus, vol. 2 to be reprinted ? I have the vol. 1 reprint, and i'm waiting all 3 vol. to be reprinted so i can start to read, but it has been forever since the vol. 1 reprinted, and still no vol. 2. :/
Wish I knew. I’m lucky enough to have all three of the original printings and they’re just awesome. I swear, this is among the very best comic book creative teams in the medium’s history. Marv Wolfman’s best writing, and the combination of Gene Colan and Tom Palmer is at its best. Even John Costanza’s lettering adds to the art, mood and tone. This run of continuous storytellling is just pure gold. I’ve recently started rereading them and they haven’t lost a step in the decades since I was a teenager and first read them. I’ve just started volume three just a few days ago.

Last edited by wktf; 06-20-2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:35 AM   #1615
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Wish I knew. I’m lucky enough to have all three of the original printings and they’re just awesome. I swear, this is among the very best comic book creative teams in the medium’s history. Marv Wolfman’s best writing, and the combination of Gene Colan and Tom Palmer is at its best. Even John Costanza’s lettering adds to the art, mood and tone. This run of continuous storytellling is just pure gold. I’ve recently started rereading them and they haven’t lost a step in the decades since I was a teenager and first read them. I’ve just started volume three just a few days ago.
Had no idea they had re-released Tomb V. 1 !!! It never comes up on my store feeds. Thank the lord I read this. Jst ordered. "whew". Joe, you've been talking these omnibi. up for centuries. Now, I can finally dive in w/o having to pull my b&w Essentials.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #1616
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Ah, Jerry, you’ll not be disappointed. Wolfman doesn’t take over the writing until issue #7 and it just sucks you in after that point. The first two omnibuses cover the core TOD comic book run. The third volume is the B&W Dracula Lives! and second short lived TOD run (also B&W), as well as Dracula’s appearance in the four color Monster of Frankenstein series. So the third omnibus isn’t the core series but still good stuff, though not entirely written by Wolfman.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:46 PM   #1617
protector2814
Phoenix

Just last week, I read the WWbN/Tomb of Dracula cross-over in my WWbN omnibus & it really wet my appitite for some more 70's, in-color, Marvel Monster epics. Can't wait to "feed the fever" With this part 1, Tomb of Dracula omni. which is being shipped tomorrow! Thank-you!

Old 06-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #1618
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

You’re so very welcome, Jerry!

And today, my Silver Surfer Omnibus arrived! Happy Day!
Old 06-22-2020, 09:10 PM   #1619
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The Morbius: The Living Vampire Omnibus just went up for order on CGN! Picked up the Gil Kane variant cover!
Old 06-22-2020, 11:20 PM   #1620
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Hey guys, I'm new to the Omnibuses. I ordered a couple in Amazon and I'm looking for a few on eBay. My question is, where is the best place to get them? Also, for pre order and non sold out ones.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote