Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-05-2016, 11:12 PM   #401
demonhunter
Kingpin

I agree that the Jean Grey in Jim Lee costume statue had a face that was very reminiscent of Famke Janssen. Too bad the paint jobs on those were mostly very bad, and they ditched the pupils for some reasons. I still love mine, but it's hard not to say that the pose was funky/wonky.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:51 PM   #402
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Man that sucks. I really wanted a Green Phoenix but I am very excited about Dark Phoenix
Yeah, this would have been the one statue i would have purchased all the variants of. Suppose it was too good to be true so marvel had to go and ruin it. Props to SS for atleast trying to get the variants for us though.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:08 AM   #403
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

She looks cool. But at $500, this is unfortunately where I step back and have been priced out of this hobby. I'll only get the rare 1/4 full priced piece from now on. The MOTU 1/5 are the last line I'll have to have.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:22 AM   #404
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
She looks cool. But at $500, this is unfortunately where I step back and have been priced out of this hobby. I'll only get the rare 1/4 full priced piece from now on. The MOTU 1/5 are the last line I'll have to have.
I haven't been priced out per se; it's just caused me to reassess the value of pieces I previously considered too expensive. That reassessment unfortunately isn't swaying in Sideshow's favor (unless they're taking a huge cut of that Prime 1 distribution money) however much I love their artistry.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #405
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Will wait for the white version. Ssc will make it as they did for Storm & Black Widow already.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:49 AM   #406
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Me too. I saw 4 things I wanted from 12 days. I was limiting myself to 2. Since there 500 I'm going down to 1. Gamora is out. I need to see Catwoman, but right now it looks like I will purchase Captain Marvel. Sad about Dark Phoenix.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:58 AM   #407
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Igo said a few pages back that variants were planned, but not approved by Marvel.
Great job marvel we don't need more lazy repaints lets get a new sculpt for the white and green! Hope they turn down all repaints from now on specially when they are getting out of control by ss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
As expected with Sideshow, both portraits and hair are light years ahead of what XM pulled off, but the rest belongs to XM. Great looking statue.
Yeah agree but only with the female heads. XM does awesome comic style males faces. They are getting better in time slowly.
Wished harbottle, Mark, tim and steve could try thier hands at XM females someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Right away... the portraits blow away XM's.

Hopefully the factories can nail its nuance.

Better late than never on the consistent base theme.
Because again of the top talents named above they are the Kings of the industry no question. Eventually XM will get some of these talented sculptors like these guys in time.

Just saw the pics and who did the faces on this dark phoenix. I'm very suprise how well the face turned out. Must admit looks great! Full of expression and powerful but the face is still very pretty realistic and comic like. Amazing work! Who did it?
Price is still too much imo with the standard PF set at 500.00. But oh well again big ES most likely etc then I buy it down the road for less just like many have been going retail or less after months of release. Same as some said wanted 5 but now with the higher prices the gotg chick is out, evil Lynn out, etc... Might get just phoenix and thinking about cap marvel.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:40 AM   #408
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

If they somehow SOMEHOW make that crappy out of place metalic base removable so you can just display it with the bird..... i might jump on it..... but as it stands i cant... $500 for me is its gotta be perfect for me. Why cant they just get rid of this "lets keep a theme" base mentality?

Sorry SS i think i missed that poll with everyone voting for out of place bases
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:47 AM   #409
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
If they somehow SOMEHOW make that crappy out of place metalic base removable so you can just display it with the bird..... i might jump on it..... but as it stands i cant... $500 for me is its gotta be perfect for me. Why cant they just get rid of this "lets keep a theme" bases?

Sorry SS i think i missed that poll with everyone voting for out of place bases
It doesn't really bug me, but I agree matching the bases for this new wave of X-Men pieces isn't really necessary. The Justice League looks fine together (and less maquette-ish) with the more individually themed bases.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:45 AM   #410
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I like that they are matching the new X Men bases, but not a big fan of this after seeing one like XM this just dosent do it for me.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote