Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-22-2024, 05:14 PM   #101
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Man I was just asking if Sideshow was gonna do another Elektra anytime soon on Facebook and Twitter (was hoping for the Elektra Daredevil hood but this is beautiful). I was regretting selling my old Elektra Sideshow and thinking about spending some money on Ebay, but this is fantastic. Love the Hand Ninja base!
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:40 PM   #102
nearmint
Phoenix

Another new image. I don't like the portrait as much from this angle. Shouldn't she be looking down at the deadly assassins trying to kill her?

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:43 PM   #103
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post

There are two armed enemies right under her feet and she is looking where?
Probably at Tbolt.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:50 PM   #104
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Is there a reason we're not getting the a-- anymore? Honest question...lol... Just seems someone laid down a new law of the land for modesty with the female statues these days. Looking at some of my customs and the older SS pieces they all seem to be boobs and butts galore. Don't really have the preference either way I guess... Just sayin'
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:52 PM   #105
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Probably at Tbolt.
Tbolt can run, but he can't hide until he POs this piece.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:11 PM   #106
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren;6166867[B
]Is there a reason we're not getting the a-- anymore? [/B]Honest question...lol... Just seems someone laid down a new law of the land for modesty with the female statues these days. Looking at some of my customs and the older SS pieces they all seem to be boobs and butts galore. Don't really have the preference either way I guess... Just sayin'

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

This is what I have been saying and eluding to....

what is the deal SS....????!!!!!

For me, it's not about being a creep, it is more about comic accuracy.

For example.....Psylocke in the comics is/has almost always been running/jumping around in her blue suit with a g-string/thong. I love the last Psylocke PF on the pagoda, but I was kinda disappointed a I saw the backside simply because, .....well, I was expecting more. (or less) if you catch my meaning.

Same holds true here with this Elektra.

Not sure what it is but it looks a little less of what I have been used to seeing her wear her lower half in the comics.

I don't know......food for thought perhaps...??
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:18 PM   #107
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

This is what I have been saying and eluding to....

what is the deal SS....????!!!!!

For me, it's not about being a creep, it is more about comic accuracy.

For example.....Psylocke in the comics is/has almost always been running/jumping around in her blue suit with a g-string/thong. I love the last Psylocke PF on the pagoda, but I was kinda disappointed a I saw the backside simply because, .....well, I was expecting more. (or less) if you catch my meaning.

Same holds true here with this Elektra.

Not sure what it is but it looks a little less of what I have been used to seeing her wear her lower half in the comics.

I don't know......food for thought perhaps...??
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. I bet it has to do with a licensing agreement with Disney - DEI standards and such.

I guess if I had to choose between overly slutty and modest I'd prefer the modest route personally, but something definitely has changed recently. Going through all the recent female sculpts they're all significantly more covered up and have a smaller bust size. Def seems intentional.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:27 PM   #108
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Disney workers guarantee their position in heaven by preventing you from masturbating to Elektra statue. Because sexy statues that make people horney and masturbation makes God sad.

Think of God, stop depressing him or you will go to hell.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:39 PM   #109
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. I bet it has to do with a licensing agreement with Disney - DEI standards and such.

I guess if I had to choose between overly slutty and modest I'd prefer the modest route personally, but something definitely has changed recently. Going through all the recent female sculpts they're all significantly more covered up and have a smaller bust size. Def seems intentional.
Not at all.

I have definitely been addressing this recently as you are correct.......it has become more and more noticeable. Almost obvious if you ask me. I noticed a tremendous difference when the last Emma Frost PF came out as opposed to the one that came out before her. I had both. And yes, the earlier OG PF had the attire and build of what I would deem as depicting a more comic accurate look for her where she was in the X-Men or the Helfire Club. Now I realize that the OG version was an overall more stylized version of her but still, there was/is a substantial difference in modesty from that one to the most recent Emma PF. Again I get that the most recent Emma is meant to be a more 'realistic' version but for the character of Emma.....it just seems and always has seemed (to me) as too much on the modest side for how she wonders around from day to day in the comics.

When I saw the Psylocke PF (with the pink Psy-Base) I always felt the same........I always wondered why the g-string/thong was not as pronounced as it is drawn in the comics. I believe the OG one had a sharper/higher cut as well. The most recent looks more like a cross between a Brazilian cut bottom and a full back. For me, not as comic accurate as I have been used to. But again, that is just me.

I recall the OG Ms. Marvel (Warbird).......If I am not mistaken, she had dental floss, no...??

And then when the recent Power Girl came out and her upper area was as small as it was.......that was when I really felt that things were amiss.

Again, not trying to be creepy.....just thinking about comic accuracy is all.

For me, Elektra (particularly this version-which seems to be more comic accurate--her costume)......I am used to her sporting a thong. Not a full/fuller back.

But again, it's just my opinion and observations.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:52 PM   #110
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Not a fan. Pass.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote